Saturday, May 24, 2014

Help me go to Rwanda with #styleforjustice


If you follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. then you know Im trying to win a spot on the #styleforjustice trip.  (and youre probably tired of hearing about it already! SO sorry)

Noonday & International Justice Mission are collaborating for a blogger trip to Rwanda. I would love to go and chase a global vision of economic empowerment and justice! I would love for my blog to be a platform where I could continue to share stories and advocate.. and I would LOVE to bring you all with me on this trip as I share them!


Im passionate about so many things that line up with the heart of this trip, the heart of Noonday and the heart of IJM.

Here is the deal, as of this moment Im in 7th place. I have 4 more days to rally all of you to help me pursue justice in Rwanda!! The gallery is organized in order of votes received so Ive jumped around from 4th-7th place the last few days! A lot can happen by May 28th!  (*update.. by the time I finished writing this post you guys already bumped me up from 7th to 4th place ---> Im not kidding.. its neck and neck yall!!!) 


You can vote DAILY for me and I would love if you would. It takes 10 seconds to hop over here and click vote right above the picture I shared on this post. If you feel inclined Id love for you to share it with everyone you know too.. your husbands, teenagers, families, neighbors, blog readers, etc... have them all vote too.. because as with most things in life - this is taking a village!

Here is the link again: 
http://www.noondaycollection.com/styleforjustice#view/23056/2105565


Im blown away already that somehow I made it to the top 7 to begin with. I have no idea if I will stay there or not. These women are all working hard and having their stories and hearts shared. Its inspiring for sure to see so many people this passionate! Thank you for helping get me this far already! Trust me - I dont love begging and reminding and posting non-stop.. but you have all been so encouraging and rallied around me so well! Im going to finish well and trust the Lord with whoever the top 3 spots go to! Thank you so so so much! If anything this entire experience has been so sweet to me to see friends from so many different seasons of my life encourage me and jump in with me!

Also, I wrote on instagram and facebook already but this trip is not a popularity contest. Its not about who has the most blog followers or social following.. they opened this up for one person to come along with them who normally wouldn't be able to go - based on who could get their community to rally around them and vote! I AM SUCH A TESTIMONY TO THIS! Im not sure if you know any of those women surrounding me in the picture above but they are wonderful women who I, myself, also follow! (a chunk of them are linked in my post below about saying yes to dreams)

I dont have the social network following they do but that didnt hold me back from jumpin in (praise God.. He gave me some strange confidence to enter! ha) and then you guys, my community and my people, have done all the work to vote daily to get me to that spot surrounded by people who (in my mind) have a HUGE community voting for them! So thank you - you're the heartbeat behind what this contest was about. I do have the opportunity to hear the heart behind this trip as I can see it on the internal website for Noonday and if anything its just that much sweeter to be able to hear and see what is going on and how women are encouraging each other in this and not competing.. I feel like this contest and the community around it are handling this with so much grace and support and love. Its been incredible to be apart of it! So thank you guys!!!


On May 29th they will officially announce the Top 7 who will move into Round Two, where the storytellers going on the trip will make an incredibly tough decision to determine three contenders that will move into the final round. On June 2nd, they will announce the top 3 finalists!!

in us in winning people's hearts to chase a global vision of economic empowerment and justice, and you could win a spot on our team! - See more at: http://www.noondaycollection.com/styleforjustice#sthash.yBSXr0nP.dpuf
in us in winning people's hearts to chase a global vision of economic empowerment and justice, and you could win a spot on our team! - See more at: http://www.noondaycollection.com/styleforjustice#sthash.yBSXr0nP.dpuf
in us in winning people's hearts to chase a global vision of economic empowerment and justice, and you could win a spot on our team! - See more at: http://www.noondaycollection.com/styleforjustice#sthash.yBSXr0nP.dpuf
in us in winning people's hearts to chase a global vision of economic empowerment and justice, and you could win a spot on our team! - See more at: http://www.noondaycollection.com/styleforjustice#sthash.yBSXr0nP.dpuf

1 comment:

  1. Brooke - This is Grace from your NY Journey growth group. Just voted for you. Great to see God doing amazing things in your life, fellow blogger. Hope to be reading some great news soon!

    ReplyDelete