Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

This year for Thanksgiving my mom & Mark were in town. They DROVE up the weekend before (just in time for Chapels birthday party) and were here the entire week. It was a busy week with Thanksgiving, friends, chapels birthday, going to court for a silly ticket (rolling through a stop sign-blah!), attending my friends movie premiere, doing pictures for another friend - which was fun, and just life happening.

Per usual, the kids were all sick. This time with something viral that caused them all to have a 105 degree temperature and soars in their throat. (but it wasnt strep throat) They were all pretty miserable.. Chapel & Wylder especially.

Freeland was on call on Thanksgiving. He had to be up early to roud in the morning. But to be honest, at this point I cant even remember if he went in or not? Ha. All the call-days start to combine I feel like. (He will remember if he went in) He did get paged 8 gazillion times - I do remember that.

Our plans were to all go over to my friend Nicole's house and celebrate with her family & the Oliver's. But once the kids were sick plans changed. My mom & Mark graciously offered to stay with the kids while we still went instead.

So, freeland & I enjoyed a thanksgiving meal and had actual conversations with adults without chasing children or cutting food or wiping mouths or being interrupted. It was amazing.

Then after, we went home and did it all over again with our family that afternoon.

It was a great day. SO MUCH FOOD. I loved it.

Nicole went all out decorating:

IMG_2796

IMG_2795

IMG_2812

IMG_2813

IMG_2814

IMG_2816

on the back of every one's place card she wrote what she was thankful for about them.

IMG_2828

IMG_2831

IMG_2811

we went early for appetizers and drinks. 2 words = baked brie.

IMG_2809

IMG_2797

the men cutting the turkey and getting it all ready:

IMG_2800

IMG_2802

IMG_2808

IMG_2815

IMG_2817

mike prepared some words ahead of time to discuss Thanksgiving. The kids superheroes were cracking me up. They did a great job listening too. And Mike did a wonderful job preparing our hearts as we all sat to eat together:

IMG_2821

IMG_2818

IMG_2823

IMG_2824

IMG_2825

IMG_2829

The food was amazing. Its been fun doing thanksgiving with friends every year (like in Erie) because everyone does it all slightly different. And I love it. Its always so good.

IMG_2832

IMG_2833

After we ate it was about time for our kiddos to wake up from naps so we headed home to do Thanksgiving as a family there. My mom & Mark were here.. I promise. They just arent in any pictures? I knew going into it that the only food my children would probably eat would be the rolls. And that was okay. We all had a peaceful meal and that worked for me. River did love the turkey. And one of these days they'll appreciate all the amazing food. Until then - MORE FOR US!

IMG_2873

IMG_2877

IMG_2879

River mad the centerpiece at school. He was SO proud of it. The boys also helped set the table.. it was sweet. (after the stopped fighting over the forks)

My mom made the dressing & all the sides. I ate these leftovers for almost every meal for the next 4-5 days and Im going to go ahead and say it still wasnt enough. I couldve had even more!

IMG_2882

IMG_2886

IMG_2889

IMG_2892

and we of course finished off the night with our favorite pies. I love these pies. Its bittersweet as I really do love baking pies and the process of that (more than cooking the Thanksgiving meal) but I see no point when they wont taste as good as the pies we get from Simply Delicious Pies! (also, the line was out the door when I picked these up so it appears the rest of Cleveland has also caught on to how good these are.. which makes me so happy for them)

IMG_2898

and do you see that sweet, glorious, heavenly container back there in the picture below:

IMG_2901

you know what that is!?!?!? BLUE BELL HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO US! A little taste of the south my friends!!  My mom & Mark brought 3 - 1/2 gallons & 3 pints with them! It doesnt get much better than pies & blue bell! Holy Moly.

A picture to prove they were actually here:

IMG_2956

IMG_2966

I'll post all the other pictures from Chapels birthday party and the rest of the week asap! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment