Friday, September 20, 2013

fall ya'll.

Untitled
probably one of my most favorite pictures ever.

phew. I love fall. (as does everyone else in the entire world)

Its been a wonderful fall so far.

However, this is officially the first fall we have ever experienced where I get what people mean when they say things get busy during this season. Im having to work really hard to stay on top of things and be disciplined.. which is probably a great thing to learn. I mean I am 30.

And my children are super young?!?! No football practice, soccer practice, homework, etc. etc. etc.

Even with just one in preschool, bible studies, paperwork, freelands work, other appointments & commitments, etc. etc. life feels a little insane. Thankfully, I realize its just a matter of figuring out our schedule and getting in to a routine. I also realize its mostly just the month of September that feels overwhelming. There were extra random things that came along. Thats okay. Its not our typical month. And I think because of that I can embrace it. I know it isnt this way all the time.

And its been a good thing to experience. It reminds me why I intentionally DO NOT stay busy. I dont over involve us in things. I intentionally stay home and have a big wide open schedule. I think last week Freeland & I were coming and going and only seeing each other as we walked out the door. I so much more prefer a schedule that allows us the freedom to be home when Freeland is home so he gets time with the kids.. especially relaxed enjoyable time. Or if friends want to drop in or do dinner.. that works! We're home! Easy!

It was the first time I felt all that anxiety from going & going & going and felt like I was so busy that I was barking at the children and more impatient than I think I EVER have been. So, thank you Lord for the confirmation that during this season --> busy just doesnt work. I dont enjoy it, my kids dont enjoy it, our marriage probably wouldnt survive it. Well.. it would but we'd probably argue the entire time because we're both stressed out.. both wanting a break.. both needing validation.. etc.

 
With that said, we've also had some really enjoyable days. So lets reflect on that, shall we?

Nothing beats fall up here.

Im so incredibly thankful for all the years we have had and will have to enjoy a true fall. Even though we've had some strangely hot days here and there its been awesome so far.

Lots of walks to the park, lots of time oustide, lots of treats from Freelands work.. including a trip to the zoo one day, lots of eating dinner outside and running non stop..its been fun.

(this is basically an Iphone dump.. essentially everything we have been up to when we werent running around)

Untitled
lots of drop offs and pick ups at preschool. Im the mom running in sweating and darting out before the other 2 melt down. He basically looks like a teenager here. And by the way, he is LOVING preschool. 

Untitled

this park is in our neighborhood. I love it. We have playgrounds too .. but I prefer this. No making sure one doesnt push another off the slide or walk in front of the kid swinging 800 feet in the air just to get kicked in the face or wondering where another walked off too.

The kids love it too.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
she loved the swing I promise

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
 
Untitled

a trip to the Cleveland zoo.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

and a whole lot of time with friends too! (not pictured.. Bill, Christie, & Jackson that also came in town!)

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
(3rd child .. thats a Popsicle that her father is giving her!;)

and we have also officially whipped out our fall jackets. Love this time before we pull out the heavy winter jackets:
Untitled

PS: for family members who are curious.. you can click here to see all the pictures I normally post on Instagram. I post there (ummm daily) and I know most of you arent on it. So if you want to see those pictures you can always go look there.

1 comment: