Monday, August 5, 2013

pineapple banana bread (my current favorite banana bread!)

IMG_9799

I know.. it sounds so strange.. Pineapple Banana Bread!?

But its SO good.

Im sharing this because its something I never would have tried had a friend not made it for me! 

IMG_9796
(mine got a little dark but didnt change how awesome it was)

My friend Christie made this once when she came to visit. And Im so glad because like I said, I probably never would have tried it otherwise. (Thank you Christie!)

She got it off pinterest so I searched her boards and found it & Ive made it a few times now. The recipe came from Becky Bakes. She said she found it by searching on All Recipes.

IMG_9790

Pineapple Banana Bread:
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained (or just 8oz of fresh pineapple)
  • 2 cups mashed ripe
-In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil and vanilla; add pineapple and bananas. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into two greased 8-in. x 4-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.

-Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.

EASY PEASY!

*Also, you can add a glaze to the top if you want.
*And, Ive used fresh pineapple each time and measured out 8 ounces then just diced it up and crushed it as much as I could. I squeezed out most the liquid but didnt fret over getting it drained completely.. I figured if it had a little juice in there it would only be sweeter! ;) And Im pretty sure it has perfect each time. One time I drained the pineapple more and it wasnt as dense/moist.. just a little drier. (not TOO dry.. still a great texture) so the next time I didnt drain as much liquid and it was more moist.. so you do whatever you prefer.
*I store it in a baggie. It gets more moist as each day goes it seems.. so if you think its too dry. Wait a day and it wont be the next day! holllllla
*If you like biting into chunks of pineapple you could leave it a little chunky.. otherwise have it more "crushed" pineapple.. and you dont even realize its there. (Or just stick to dumping a can of crushed pineapple if thats easier.)

IMG_9800

enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it! That means I made it correctly and found a good one!! You reminded me if that recipe and now crrrraving!

    ReplyDelete