Monday, July 22, 2013

mom & dads day

Public Service Announcement: Wylder turned 2 over the weekend! We didnt do a birthday party but we celebrated! It was fun. More pictures soon.

Remember months ago when we celebrated mother & fathers day?

I just found these.

I know there are more somewhere? I think?

The thing I really only remember about the day was this:

IMG_5968

Chapel sleeping on me at church. Gah, I wish babies stayed like this forever.

I also remember a nap.

And I remember french fries and ice cream.

All that = a pretty perfect day if you ask me.

(I forgot .. I also went shopping and used my gift cards at the mall the day before so that was beautiful too!) 

There is a place in town called Sweetie Fry. Just french fries (gourmet crazy combos) and wonderful ice cream. So we headed there for "dinner."
 
Untitled

Untitled
Feels like a place right out of Austin.

(it was empty when we got there.. packed when we left)

The boys LOVED it.

Untitled

Wylder looks SO much younger in these pictures even though its just 2 months ago!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

And then there was fathers day.


We woke up and did gifts:

IMG_9310

IMG_9314

The boys filled out a survey about their dad.. here is River showing Freeland. He was so proud.

IMG_9320

I try to get Freeland a typical "fathers day" gift that is small and cheesy every year. (like aftershave, a coffee mug, kids art, etc) this year I went with matches for the bathroom. ;)

IMG_9318

Here we are at the run.

The boys were thrilled. or not.

IMG_7296

IMG_7301

IMG_7305

it was pretty cute to see all the kids so excited to be out there. And fun watching them all run with their dads.

IMG_7325

IMG_7310

Chapel & I hanging out during the race

IMG_7318

After the run we walked home, freeland did yard work, we rested, and he got some extra snuggle time with each kid when they went to bed that night.

IMG_7334

It was a good day. Thankful to both be celebrating our 4th mothers & fathers day!

2 comments:

  1. A whole restaurant that's nothing but ice cream and french fries? SIGN ME UP. :-)

    Looks like you all had fun celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi you don't know me, but I found your blog when you had it listed on Erieblogs.com
    I enjoy the pictures of your kids, because I miss the time when my children were that age. Anyhow I see that your kids like trains, and you moved from Erie to the Cleveland area. http://www.lakemetroparks.com/select-park/penitentiaryglen.shtml
    Penitentiary Glen in Kirtland Ohio has free train rides. You will need to check the schedule. When my kids were younger they loved going there.

    ReplyDelete