Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My 30th Birthday



Figured I better post this before I turn 40.

I celebrated my 30th birthday at the end of May.

It was an incredible week and Im slightly depressed it went by so fast.

Freeland was off work for the first time all year and my mom & Mark were in town. At least once a day I got away. And the entire week felt like a HUGE break.

So on my actual birthday I woke up & showered .. uninterrupted. 

Then went downstairs to donuts & gifts ready and waiting for me.

Along with this adorable card Freeland & the kids made:

IMG_8501

30 little fingers & toes making candles on my cake. BRILLIANT!

IMG_8495


IMG_8489

IMG_8512

IMG_8508

After opening some super fun gifts with the help of the boys Freeland went next door and grabbed my other gift.

New bikes for both of us.

(long story)

But it was a blessing & turned out to be a fun surprise for the morning because we rode bikes to the memorial day parade down the street.

I had no idea if this would work with the boys but they ended up loving it:

(chapel stayed home napping) 

IMG_6621

Untitled

IMG_6628

Untitled

IMG_6678

first time on a bike in YEARS.

IMG_6675

IMG_6644

Untitled
(someone doesnt like the loud trucks sometimes)

Untitled
sweet neighbor helping wrangle Wylder .. seriously she was awesome and so unfazed by his huge fits!

IMG_6633

Untitled

IMG_6654

Untitled

Untitled

IMG_6673

What we typically look like!

Untitled

after the parade we went home and played, the boys napped, I enjoyed my gifts and sat around .. it was a slow relaxed day and then Freeland surprised me with an ice cream cake:

IMG_8534

IMG_8550

and then I got another surprise.. my friend Rachel ordered me some pies to enjoy:

IMG_8465

ahhhh I might have had a pie problem in May .. pretty sure we went through 15 pies in one month:

IMG_8470

But I dont regret a single bite. Holy stinkin yum. I cant believe there was a day I didnt like pie. And it was such a thoughtful surprise of Rachel to coordinate all the way from Texas!

IMG_8469

this one had no argument with all the donuts, ice cream, and pies either.

IMG_6547

Then that night Freeland & I went to a laid back dinner (the last thing I felt like doing after eating non stop all week was get dressed up! so I decided to gorge myself with pizza instead!) & were home by 8:30 and all I wanted to do (after eating more pie) was go to bed. Done & done.

Untitled

Untitled

Then the next morning I got another gift. Freeland had been working for months to have as many people as possible all send in video's wishing me a happy birthday. It was incredibly special since we are so far away and I wasnt actually able to be WITH any of them on my birthday .. I still got to see them & hear from them.

IMG_8561

IMG_8571

The video was amazing. Over an 1.5 hours of so many friends & family wishing me happy birthday, sharing memories, encouragement, or words they felt described me. I was laughing & crying the entire time. And each time a new video came up it was like an entire new surprise all over again. I was shocked and definitely felt loved and affirmed. Im planning to go back and watch it all over again and write down all the things people said.

and PS: now Im on my way to pick up these two chicas from the airport who are flying up here to celebrate with me!!! This was them calling me at the same time on skype to tell me they were surprising me with a trip up here! ;)
Untitled

3 comments:

  1. i love this as much as i loved the last post with thomas the train. i especially loved the santa claus pjs for memorial day <3 awesome! hahaha my man needs to get some sweet ideas from your hubby. just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh - that is awesome! Love the pic of the four of you and the boys being crazy. So glad you had a good celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what a very wonderful post... I love those images... it captured the happiness of the celebration. Love it.

    Happy Birthday!
    ~ Lyn @ 30th Birthday Ideas

    ReplyDelete