Tuesday, May 28, 2013

the day after my birthday & our rhododendrons blooming all in one day



Are you tired of pictures from our flowers blooming?

Im pretty sure I wont be stopping anytime soon.

(our tulip tree here .. and Im sure pictures of the peonies are coming!;)

These are our rhododendron bushes. (Dont worry.. I had to google how to spell that.)

Im so thankful for the person who lived here before that worked hard to maintain the flowerbeds. We are reaping the benefits and Im learning a ton about gardening, pruning, deadheading, cutting back the plants, etc. (Im mostly learning from all the mistakes Ive already made & Freeland has had to remind me that Im not killing any of the plants so it doesnt matter! ;)

These were all taken the same day. Amazing the difference between the morning, afternoon, and evening. Flowers can change a lot in one day.

IMG_8083

IMG_8082
they start like this in the morning.

and by the evening they look like this:

IMG_8098

IMG_8084

IMG_7942

IMG_7943

kind of love pictures like these that are overexposed but flooded with light.

IMG_7944

IMG_7945

IMG_8099

IMG_8095

IMG_8096

IMG_8091

Yesterday was my 30th birthday along with memorial day. It was amazing. So much celebrating and so much pie! ha.

Freeland put together a video of all my friends telling me happy birthday and sharing their favorite memories or a word they thought described me.. etc. since I couldnt actually be with any of them on the actual day!  It was incredible to watch. I was balling & laughing the entire time.. so for over an hour! Thank you to all who contributed and helped him get it done!

My family spoiled me with gifts that I never would have bought for myself. The kids made me a card. we did a family bike ride to the memorial day parade.. and I havent stopped eating pie & cake for almost a week. so its been wonderful.

I'll have to share pictures from the day soon. Of course I'll be making everyone celebrate for the next 2-4 weeks. I make birthdays last around here.

Also, for my birthday Chapel got in on the action and said "mama" for the first time! PRECIOUS!

Okay .. back to spending time with family, celebrating, and enjoying the grandparents being in town. Hope youve all had a wonderful memorial day weekend.

Also, anyone with more experience than me that has advice on how to get the most blooms possible on a rhododendron feel free to let me know! I noticed this year we had less than last year and there are some empty spots on the bush & I have no idea why. Houses down the street that dont even touch their flowerbeds (meaning abandon houses or ones with overgrown gardens) have TONS of blooms on theirs. Very pressing matters over here people! 

4 comments:

  1. Beat the bushes with a newspaper before the buds start and I think my grandfather even picked off the first set of buds or at least a few of them. But he swore by beating the bushes with a rolled up newspaper, my mom laughed at him but tried it and it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These flowers are so pretty.The way you captured them is so beautiful.

    Twitter manager Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting our website

    We hope the following links will assist with any inquiry you have.

    Mailing Address:
    34490 Ridge Rd
    Willoughby Ohio 44094

    Phone number:
    1-440-278-4568

    Customer Service, Products or Partner Relations Inquiries:
    info@jmcrfoundation.org
    1 John 4:8
    He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for visiting our website

    We hope the following links will assist with any inquiry you have.

    Mailing Address:
    34490 Ridge Rd
    Willoughby Ohio 44094

    Phone number:
    1-440-278-4568

    Customer Service, Products or Partner Relations Inquiries:
    info@jmcrfoundation.org
    1 John 4:8
    He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

    ReplyDelete