Friday, April 26, 2013

5 months with Chapel Joy

Chapel is officially 5 months old. (5 1/2 but who's counting)

Untitled

I feel like a lot changed this last month otherwise I probably would have just skipped and waited to write her 6 month post.

She is officially out of her swaddle and *most* the time putting herself to sleep at night. I still give her the binky here & there to calm her .. or if she wakes up early I can normally give it to her and she'll go back to sleep. Thats fine with me. Im just glad she is able to get herself to sleep. And she is outgrowing the 45 minute thing. Still has good and bad days .. but starting to have more good than bad! Normally she spits up at 45 minutes and has a harder time falling back asleep because she's laying in a pile of spit up.

Untitled

She eats baby food now. Normally 8 ounces a day. She'll eat veggies but she prefers fruit and gobbles it down waaaaay faster.

She definitely has some teeth about to bust out.

Untitled
River shows his love to chapel by helping out & talking to her.. he's not as affectionate as Wylder but he definitely still loves her.

She has a much more consistent schedule now. Normally napping 3 times a day. She will still take 4 naps if they are all short cat naps .. but normally its 3.. and she is still pretty flexible and easy to take on the go with us. Im so thankful.

Untitled

Her bedtime is anywhere from 6:30-7:30 depending on how she slept during the day. And she sleeps until about 7:00-7:30 in the morning. I'll happily take it! She's definitely the most consistent sleeper Ive had at this age so Im thankful. (Wylder was always up by 5:00am at this point.. River was inconsistent.. but a lot of times up around 6:00 at this age so I'm so thankful she sleeps until 7!)

Untitled

She does still wake up around 3:00-4:00am to eat. Im slowly weaning her though. Each night Im dropping the feeding little by little per the doctors recommendation. We'll see how it goes. With River I just went cold turkey and he cried and then made it. Wylder I could easily drop because he was on a bottle so I lowered the amount he got.. then he cried.. then he made it. We'll see how Chapel does because I know she cant be that hungry at night anymore.

Untitled

She is slowly starting to grab at toys and interact so much more. She cracks me up because she always hits herself in the face trying to figure out how to grab something.

Untitled
Wylder is still her biggest fan for sure! He always ask to hold her.

Untitled

She is super chill and serious most the time. Im beginning to see that she is happiest when there aren't a lot of people around. She isnt unhappy when people are around .. she just doesn't smile and show her true personality until its just us. So strange. Who knows if its just how she is now or if she will end up being shy?!

She's still on her reflux medicine and spitting up like a champ.

Untitled

BUT GOOD NEWS! I added dairy back into my diet last week and havent noticed a huge change. I still limit it and dont eat that much.. but Im able to eat it when necessary and thats a blessing for sure!

She had her first Physical Therapy appointment this month and did well. She is going for toritcollis. Its not severe so I cant complain at all.. and she wont need a helmet. But we're doing the PT to make sure it doesnt get worse or anything.

Untitled

Chapel seems gentle and sensitive. She definitely doesnt like when the boys are screaming and running around. She'll normally pout her lip and let out a huge cry when they do. Cracks me up and makes me wonder if it will last. Im all for the boys learning they have to be quiet ;)

Oh and the boys call her Chapel Joy now! ;) 

Untitled

Im so loving this stage and dont want her to change. She's soo easy.. and I know what lies ahead! Its fun for sure .. but Im really grateful for how easy this stage is! 

ps: chapel definitely looks like Wylder .. check out his 5 month post. He was just so skinny so its hard to tell but she favors him over River (his 5 month post here) for sure!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED this post! When is her birthday? Seems like Chapel and Will are both the same. He has torticollis too and we do PT weekly. I just wrote about it actually. I adore that the boys call her Chapel Joy... how sweet is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little beauty. I love that they call her Chapel Joy!

    ReplyDelete