Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chapel at 4 months

Untitled

To be honest .. when I wrote 4 months .. I thought to myself "has it really only been that long?" Normally times flying by (and it is) but at the same time it seems like she has been here so much longer than that.

I am loving this stage. Her little personality is slowly coming out. Shes more interactive and slightly more predictable.

Untitled

She seems to be a pretty relaxed baby. When we are out she will just sit in my lap calmly (vs squirming non stop) She just hangs out and watches everyone around us. Im hoping this means she will stay pretty chill. Who knows!

Untitled

PRAISE THE LORD! This month she finally took a bottle again!!

She finally started cooing just last Friday. And I finally just heard a laugh out of her. The doctor told me to prepare myself for her to be super slow to talk since she is the 3rd and has 2 big brothers to do all the talking for her.

Untitled

At her doctors appointment we confirmed she has Torticollis. Its not a huge deal. Her head is just tilted to the side so we need to work with her to build up her strength and work out her muscles to lift her head up and turn it to the side better. We're going to work on it at home for now & if it doesnt fix itself we are going to do Physical Therapy.

Untitled

She is sleeping slightly better. Getting through the 45 minute thing at naps here & there. She has good & bad days. But there are good days so Im happy with where she is at. She is taking more routine naps during the day. Normally 3 a day. (sometimes 2 if they are both super long .. 4 if they are all short) She goes to bed around 6:30-7:30 every night. I only feed her around 3:00 still but she is normally awake a lot more than that.

Untitled

I blame it on the pacifier. She just wants it put back in her mouth. When I let her cry it out she goes back to sleep. But Im not really committed yet to letting her cry it out. The doctor recommended I start soon as she has reached the stage where she can learn things like that. There are times I put her down awake and she gets herself to sleep so Im really thankful for that!

Untitled

This last month she became so much happier & "easier" .. she will hang out on her play mat now. She likes her exersaucer. She even has times she doesnt cry in the car seat! HALLELUJAH! Normally if she is fussy she is tired or hungry.

Untitled

chapel in an apple.

Untitled

She is still on medicine for reflux. It helps. She still spits up like crazy but she isnt unhappy while she is spitting up. I have to watch her while she is on her back. She will occasionally choke and do this thing where she looks like she isnt breathing .. She IS breathing .. it just looks like she isnt. The doctor said its just because she is refluxing. So its fine. But I still dont leave her alone while she is on her back because of it.

Untitled

We just tried giving her some veggies. She is super slow eating but she will eat some of it. However, I forgot when a baby spits up all the time & you are giving them veggies .. their spit up is now green & orange so Im not super eager to feed her all the time! ;)

Untitled

Im so thankful for how faithful the Lord has been with Chapel. Even though the first 3 months were touch & go .. he has been so faithful to give us exactly what we needed in this season. He daily provides energy & strength. Days where it would seem the most exhausting he is faithful & sustains us. Im so thankful for Chapel and her sweet precious personality. I can not wait to see the little girl she develops in to. 

PS: her hair is starting to come in and its a shade of RED!!! I cant believe it .. but I can because of her father! I cant wait to see what it looks like as it grows! 

2 comments: