Friday, February 8, 2013

the time Freeland went a year without desserts

As most of you already know, Freeland & my dad made a bet last year to go the entire year without desserts. If one of them failed and gave in to having something sweet they had to pay the other one $100. It wasnt for any huge reason except my dad originally didnt want to eat any sweets and Freeland joined in on the fun. (if you can call it that)

Well, they actually did it.

Im amazed. I dont know that I could.

So, when my dad was in town they broke their bet together. And they went all out .. with ice cream. ha

IMG_3767

thats a whole lotta ice cream. (Tracy & I were helping too)

IMG_3776

IMG_3778

IMG_3781

IMG_3782

IMG_3786

IMG_3789

IMG_3803

Then the next day we went and picked up some fresh pies. Freeland (and my dad seeing as he is around sweets almost everyday at work!) definitely deserved to have his coconut cream pie and I didnt have the ingredients on hand.

There is a cute little pie shop around the corner that we went to. Definitely worth it. They were AMAZING and better than I could have ever tried to make.

IMG_3806

IMG_3810

IMG_3811

IMG_3819

IMG_3820

theyve of course made another bet this year. We'll see how it goes. ;)

I definitely think they have the self discipline to do anything now! ha.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in the Cleveland area--what pie shop it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a year without desserts? I don't think I could ever do that! Props to your dad and Freeland. :) I'm glad they were able to make it through!

    XO,
    SWEATshirt DRESSshirt
    http://sweatshirtdressshirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot even imagine! Good for them!

    ReplyDelete