Sunday, November 4, 2012

fill my heart with song

IMG_0920-2

One of our fall chalkboards in the kitchen

My heart is full these days. Even with the chaos and craziness of kids, residency, intern year, and being prego. Im incredibly thankful. I mean, I have my days and moments (and months and years) .. but overall Im incredibly thankful. And I think Im loving this season more than ever this year.

A few things come to mind that I dont want to forget. Ever.

River & Wylder came to the doctor for the first time with me Friday. I'll never forget River cracking up.. like belly laughing.. hearing his sisters heartbeat. I still cant figure out if he understands she is a baby that is coming or if shes just this object we talk about.. but it warmed my heart that he enjoyed it so much.

Wylders sweet little voice. Its the most innocent thing Ive ever heard. Even when he is saying "No" and "mine" 800x a day

River drawing a picture of his sister on Friday.. next to an airplane and boat which are his favorite things to say he is drawing. The fact that she ranked up there makes me happy.

Gods graciousness the last few months. Making our lives more simple. Providing abundantly. Revealing himself in new ways. Giving us lots of peace, faith, and hope in this season.

My Nana & Pop are here visiting this weekend. My boys are going to get lots of one-on-one time with their great grandparents. Such a blessing and rare treat. Im taking lots of pictures. Both boys are enamored with them.

Promises:

"Then I said to you, “Do not be terrified; do not be afraid of them. The Lord your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes, and in the wilderness. There you saw how the Lord your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.” Deuteronomy 1:29-31


"The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their forefathers. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the Lord handed all their enemies over to them. Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled." Joshua 21:44-45

"And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:5


"His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation. He has performed mighty deeds with his arm; he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts. He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble. He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty." Luke 1:50-53

(obvs all the emphasis are mine;)

2 comments:

  1. Your peace, hope, and faith are contagious! So thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for sharing, dear friend. i was so encouraged reading your post.

    ReplyDelete