Monday, October 8, 2012

the day our son left a 2 year old and came home a 17 year old

IMG_0269-2

River desperately needed a haircut. We've been going back and forth trying to decide if we should cut it all off or just continue to trim it. The problem with the trim is it grows so fast that he hast to have it trimmed all the time.

IMG_0276-2

So Freeland went crazy and cut it all off.

IMG_0277-2

I sent him alone with River because I knew if I was there Id convince myself what an awful idea it was and he'd leave with just a trim.

IMG_0278-2

I just know not all kids can grow out their hair like he can. I also know one day he will probably have to have it short at school... And I mean .. people pay LOTS of money to have hair like his. I know I would. So it was sad to cut it all off.

IMG_0280-2

IMG_0284-2
"wait, youre doing what?"

AND THE AFTER:

IMG_0289-2

BOOM

Just like that he is a 17 year old

IMG_0290-2

you should have seen him when he got out of the car to show us. He definitely knew he looked cute. And he loves when we style it and put gel in it! So funny!

IMG_0292-2

Its growing on me. Yes, its nice you can see his face and his eyes. But for a few days I felt like I was looking at someone else's child. And he happened to get a little attitude right around the same time .. which Freeland & I kept blaming on the haircut (definitely nothing to do with be a 2 year old! ;)

But yes, its growing on me now. We'll see if we keep it or grow it back out. Either way .. he's still a little stud.

and just because its too funny not to share.. My own mother didnt recognize him:

Untitled

ha!

4 comments:

  1. The text from your mom is hilarious!! He looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your post on IG, but this is just unreal - he looks like a different boy! I just love his new 'do though! So stinkin' cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a stud!! He is absolutely precious no matter how long or short his hair is ;)

    ReplyDelete