Monday, October 29, 2012

baby update with a little over 2 weeks left

a little update. 18 days out.

We are in full on prep mode. My energy comes and goes.. but when I have it ..  I feel the need to get all this stuff done so all the free moments of our only free weekend with Freeland home were used up getting lots of wonderful productive things done. I definitely feel a lot more ready and okay for her to arrive (even though there are still 1000000 things Id love to get done)

Here I am a growin:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled
last Friday

Untitled

*This looks like such a sweet moment. But really, its River hitting my stomach asking me to come with him into his room. ;)

And the dreaded "to do list" that is twice as long by now.

But also thankfully has A LOT of things checked off!

Untitled

Untitled
the boys at the fabric store with me! A miracle happened this weekend. I finally felt motivated to make her some onesies. So lets see if I actually get my craft on now that I have a little bit of fabric. We'll see.

AND THIS HAPPENED:

Untitled

it will move in the next few days but its at least in the car and ready. River still calls it Wylders chair but we've been telling him its for the new baby and where baby sister will sit. Hopefully that starts to click! Poor kid is confused thats for sure.

AND MOST EXCITING NEWS... THIS HAPPENED:
Untitled

Im pretty much skipping past Halloween. (especially since its raining all week up here and I doubt we'll have hardly any trick or treaters) Our family is moving straight onto Thanksgiving. The closer we get to thanksgiving the closer we are to baby girl being here!!! And Thanksgiving to us means the tree comes out. Just so everyone knows .. this was actually all Freelands idea this year! ;)

River is IN.LOVE. with it. Its where he sits all the time. Wylder thankfully barely cares about it (otherwise Im sure he would pull it down!)

Other than that we are just getting things done like organizing baby clothes, cleaning out un-needed toys & crowded closets, hanging stuff in the babies room, doing projects around the house and talking to the boys about the baby as much as we can.

I feel okay. I have good & bad days. I feel HUGE and the puffiness is starting. I have no idea how there is anymore room for her to grow because it feels pretty packed in there and tight! I have a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions (which means absolutely nothing in case you dont know) its just annoying. Its glorious and wonderful too but its not easy when Im chasing the other 2 around. They feel different this time around. A lot more uncomfortable and "rock hard" than before. My stomach has become super sensitive. I get sick almost every 2 days if I eat anything that isnt bland I feel like. (so I eat an un-normal amount of cereal this days. (carb-loading?) And TUMS are my BFF right now. Im just trying to drink lots of water and relax as to not do anything to make this little girl think its time for her debut!

Dont let me mislead you .. I really am fine. I dont want my family worrying that Im exhausted and not making it up here! ;) Just trying to write out how I feel so I dont forget it! Really most the time the Lord has been gracious to provide energy when I need it or Freeland has miraculously had a break at work to help out here & there .. and we've just been hunkered down at home a lot too!

Im praying, thinking, and working hard to help River & Wylder with the transition. We've done lots of silly things and hopefully some of them will help. We'll see! 

PS: for those interested the storm isnt really "hitting us" we've had a lot of rain and wind but I think thats about all we'll see. Its nothing like it is on the coast so not to worry!

3 comments:

  1. you look amazing! PS I absolutely love that you put your tree out. :) and it looks beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bump is adorable and I am so jealous of the tree. I hope I'll be a functioning member of society again by the time the holidays hit so I have enough energy to decorate our house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that you have your tree up :) Makes me want to get out mine...

    ReplyDelete