Monday, September 10, 2012

the fireplace before & after

While Sarah & Drew were in town a while back I mentioned we were going to paint the fireplace. Its kind of like I put ants in her pants saying that because its all she wanted to do the rest of the time! (since it would only take approximately 20 minutes to do! ;) So when Freeland left for work and right before here & Drew were about to leave she whipped out the paint.

It was the easiest project ever!

For 2 reasons:

1. we used paint that was left at the house so no picking out a paint color.
2. Sarah did all the painting! (its kinda her love language!) ha

Here is the before:

IMG_8637-2

during:

IMG_8649-2

This is what I did during all said painting:

IMG_8653-2

IMG_8641-2

IMG_8658-2

chased children around!

And just about done:

IMG_8654-2

After:

IMG_0196-2

(the start of figuring out what I want on there for fall. That part isnt done .. but you get the idea with the paint!)

Looking back I do like how the dark pops out so much more. But for a quick easy fix this got the job done and made the house feel much more like our house.

IMG_0197-2

IMG_0198-2

IMG_0195-2

although daily.. this is what our fireplace looks like:

IMG_0199-2

motivation for River to use the potty

(which he really isnt interested in doing btw)

IMG_9585-2

and the other parts of our weekend with Sarah & Drew looked like this:

IMG_8442-2

hanging all the junk in our house. While this probably excites a ton of people .. its my least favorite part of unpacking. Im way too indecisive! (exactly why Sarah & Drew help us!) We have very gracious friends. If you want to hire Sarah out let me know. ;) just kidding. kinda

3 comments:

  1. Looks awesome!! I love all the antique cameras... so perfect for you. I'm sure the new house is looking more amazing every day! I hope you post more pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fall mantle looks great! And thanks for the plug :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks gorgeous!!! Will you come decorate my house? Pretty please!

    ReplyDelete