Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The boys rose bush

When River was born we received tons and tons of flowers. It was amazing. And so thoughtful. Then on mothers day my mom sent us a rose bush. It looked like one of those little mini rose bushes you just grab at the grocery store on your way out.

like one of these.. except roses.. clearly:
IMG_9802
or maybe Im wrong.. maybe this was the plant? I see roses in there?!

By chance, we happened to plant it in the back yard. It did really well. And grew each summer we lived there. By the time we moved it was at least 3-4x its original size and it blooms multiple times through out the spring and summer.

after

I couldnt part with it. So Freeland dug it up and planted it in and planter for me to move to Cleveland with us.  Which, it looked adorable in the planter so I thought about keeping it there for a while.

Last week the boys re-planted it in our yard here. There isnt really a lot of empty space in any of our flower beds so we went with the only space we had!  (this is a good problem to have in my opinion)

I love that we have had it as long as River has been alive. To me, it is the boys rose bush that will grow as they grow. Incredibly corny.. I know. But 'tis the truth. Its what I think every.single.time. I see it. Now Im just praying it makes it through the move and winter here and comes back next year!

IMG_0200-2

picking the perfect spot

IMG_0202-2

IMG_0206-2

IMG_0208-2

IMG_0210-2

IMG_0212-2

IMG_0214-2

IMG_0215-2

IMG_0217-2

IMG_0220-2

IMG_0222-2

IMG_0224-2
Im pretty sure Wylder was in heaven getting to dig in the dirt.

River LOVES gardening with Freeland too so it was definitely a fun family affair!

IMG_0225-2

IMG_0226-2

IMG_0228-2

IMG_0229-2

This spring we'll have to get little baby #3 her own rose bush to grow in the yard. What a fun little tradition that we accidentally started over here!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you took it with you! Such a special item to have in the garden that will always remind you of the very beginning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roses are one of the things that signifies thoughtfulness and appreciation. So, no wonder you received a bunch of them because your baby is indeed adorable and should be appreciated. Good for you for taking care of them and growing them.

    ReplyDelete