Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Freelands graduation gift

Our trip to Africa was really how we chose to celebrate and finish off med school.

But when graduation came I still wanted something for Freeland to have to open and celebrate again. He mentioned once that one of the things he always wanted was a basketball hoop in his backyard. He didnt have one growing up and always wished he had.

So I figured what better gift is there?

The perfect stress reliever after a long day.. something to do with the boys.. something we'll have forever.. boom. decision made. A new basketball goal for our backyard.

It was either that or a bike & I figured a basketball goal was a little more practical for right now.

IMG_8176-2

It was fun. My dad, Tracy, and I went to run an errand and asked Freeland to help us unload the car when we got home and this was sitting in the back!

sneaky sneaky.

(and I was super thankful to have my dad here to help me pick it out as I had no idea what height.. etc. was necessary!)

IMG_8182-2
River "helping" pull it out of the box and put it together.

This thing seriously took all day for my dad & Freeland to put together.

IMG_8347-2

IMG_8344-2

Then of course they celebrated with a friendly little game of basketball.

IMG_8349-2

IMG_8352-2

IMG_8354-2

IMG_8358-2

Rivers first SLAM DUNK:

IMG_8360-2

Im not sure who loves it more. Freeland or River. But it has been fun having it in the backyard. River shoots the ball in his little goal and then brings you the ball to shoot into the "big goal" Freeland definitely uses it anytime he is outside.

Now if we could just get Matt & ZMoney up here for a friendly little game of basketball .. I know Freeland would LOVE it!

2 comments:

  1. What a great gift idea! I'll have to keep that in mind for my hubby one day! :0D

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that was his wife...not him leaving that last comment 0:-) Oh the joys of sharing a computer!

    ReplyDelete