Thursday, July 5, 2012

1 year away from 30 {my 29th Birthday}

My birthday this year was wonderful.

Especially considering all that we had going on. With my birthday being at the end of May its normally fun that its around Memorial Day (or sometimes on it) but the last few years its worked out that something has always been right next to my birthday (like moving, boards, moving again, boards again, etc) Im not complaining.. Im just saying considering all that was going on it was even more special to me that people took time out of their schedules to stop and celebrate.

Freeland, with the help of my wonderful friends, put together a dinner at the yummy asian cuisine downtown.

IMG_8024
the girls

IMG_0944
the whole group minus Freeland (he was taking the picture)

Goodbyes  & Bdays 007-001(1)
Laughing because they gave me a melted ice cream cake (the restaurant didnt put it in the freezer apparently)

*thank you Christie for the pictures!

Goodbyes  & Bdays 008

Goodbyes  & Bdays 010(1)

After dinner we all went and got ice cream at romolos one last time. It was especially a treat because Freeland isnt eating dessert this year so we never go. (whats the fun in going if he is just going to watch me eat) This time I had people to enjoy it with though!

We were all going to go to the beach afterwards to watch the sunset and hangout but it started raining so we just ventured home instead.

Thank you friends for coming to celebrate! It meant the world to me!

Then on my actual birthday we had zero plans. If I remember correctly we were just packing (and by "we" I mean Freeland) and being lazy.

Sarah & Drew came by to hang out and drop off a gift:

IMG_7760-2

IMG_7767-2

River helping me open it. It was awesome and so perfect for me. lots of fun treats like earrings, a scarf, and a vintage oreo tin with double stuffed oreos inside! They know me so well!

As we were sitting there trying to come up with something to do they mentioned wanting to see our new house. (they came to cleveland with us almost every time we went house hunting before EXCEPT the time we saw the house we ended up buying so its pretty much the only one they hadnt seen!)

So on the spot right there we decided to pack it up and head to cleveland to stay the night in our empty house.

IMG_7781-2

The boys running around an empty house

IMG_7791-2

IMG_7778-2

IMG_7835-2
picnic in the living room

IMG_7797-2

IMG_7804-2

IMG_7809-2
snacks

IMG_7810-2
dinner

IMG_7811-2

IMG_7834-2

what amazing memories. All piled in .. kids all in their own rooms sleeping in pack n plays. Us on the air mattresses in the living room bunking it up. Such a great way to spend my birthday!

Thank you Sarah, Drew, & Miles for being up for last minute trips like that! (and thank you Drew for enduring Wylder screaming in the truck the entire drive with Freeland so I didnt have to hear it! ;)

Here are a few of River & Freeland before he went to bed. I asked River to smile.. this is what he did:

IMG_7814-2

? try again:

IMG_7819-2

IMG_7830-2

He actually did it! I think this was the first time he looked at the camera and actually smiled. success! Happy Birthday to this mama!

PS: Freeland gave me an awesome gift! He got with Kelly of Fabulous K who originally designed my blog YEARS ago! And got me credit to update the design of my blog!!! Now I just have to figure out what I want it to say! But I can.not.wait to have a fresh look on here with her amazing talent!! It will be amazing! 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I ever told you but, happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a good one. :-) I'm so happy for you guys and I could tell Freeland looks so happy and relaxed. Sounds like he really put thought into your gift too. Nice.
    I hope we will get to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late b-day. I know how you feel...my bday is May 29th. Pretty sure all my friends were always on summer vacation growing up and it always rained!!

    ReplyDelete