Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sharing the news with family

This was the first time we were able to tell more than one family member in person that we were prego!

Each time its been a huge surprise .. but I think this time was the biggest! I love telling everyone in different ways & making it fun/memorable!

We told all the family members as we saw them right when we got back from Africa.

The funny thing is before going to Africa, everyone kept joking "dont come home with a baby" and "dont come home pregnant" (since I found out I was pregnant with River right after Africa the first time!;)

So they kinda should have already been expecting this news, right?

First we told my mom & Mark.

We got them a little gift to say thanks for helping with the boys while we were gone. The card said "Thank You, from Baby Ackley #3 coming in November!"

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves: 

IMG_3714-2

IMG_3717-2

IMG_3716-2

IMG_3720-2

nice!

Then my dad & Tracy found out.

We were just all hanging out. They opened the gift first before the card. And my dad was explaining how his friend makes wooden bowls too .. while Tracy read the card first. The reaction is priceless:

IMG_3839-2

IMG_3844-2

IMG_3843-2

Dad STILL clueless .. even though Im taking pictures and Tracy is tearing up and laughing all at the same time!

IMG_3853-2

IMG_3855-2

IMG_3860-2

IMG_3862-2

I love it!

Then Freelands mom came in town & we showed her the same slideshow of our pictures from Africa:

IMG_3958-2

IMG_3957-2

seeing the pregnancy test:

IMG_3963-2

its starts to click:

IMG_3967-2

IMG_3965-2

IMG_3966-2

IMG_3971-2

IMG_3972-2

lots of celebrating!

Then we were able to tell my nana & pop..

Freeland just waiting for their reaction:

IMG_4161-2

Allie saw the pregnancy test first ... waiting for it to click with my nana!

IMG_4163-2
annnnd there you go!

IMG_4165-2

IMG_4170-2

IMG_4171-2

BIG SURPRISE!

IMG_4173-2

lots of celebrating!! Lots of grand-babies & great-grandbabies to love on! 

Freelands dad is in Colorado so we told him over the phone. And when I saw my grandma & aunt I hadnt told my dad yet so I felt like I should wait & let him hear it first.

Im thankful that we were able to be there in person to not only tell everyone .. but see their reactions! Its always hilarious.. I think they are used to the shock of it now. Of course, even with any concern they have that our life is going to be crazy, they are always excited and thankful for another little one in the family! Im getting more and more excited to meet this little one too!

ps: excuse how dark and off all the pictures are i wasnt looking while i was taking them. i was pretending to fix something on my camera so they didnt wonder why i was taking pictures! sneaky sneaky!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE all their expressions hahaha What an awesome way to surprise everyone!

    ReplyDelete