Monday, May 7, 2012

Baby #3 !

Baby #3

In case you didnt catch the announcement in our pictures from Africa ..
(shame on you! just kidding)

We're expecting Baby # 3! 

Baby #3
(River already got to be the "big brother" once so we let Wylder get the spotlight this time!)
(ps: this is the shirt River was wearing when he came up to the hospital to meet Wylder!) 

We found out while we were in Kenya! It was definitely a fun surprise and I absolutely love that we found out while we were there. I took the test one morning at 4:00am (I couldnt sleep and felt like the Lord was putting it on my heart so I went with it) And what do you know .. there were 2 little lines. So I laid there and prayed and let is soak in for about an hour. (the longest Ive ever lasted keeping it to myself) Then I put the test in Freelands hand so that when he rolled over he would feel something and wake up. (I may have nudged him too trying to wake him up) As soon as he felt the crunch from the wrapper he knew what it was and we sat there and got to talk, pray, and let is sink in together in the middle of Kenya!

Such a fun memory.

Baby #3
wait.. Im not the baby anymore??

And then it made it even more special getting to see family right after our trip and tell them all in person! (the first time we've ever been able to do that!) I took lots of pictures and got lots of different reactions so I'll definitely be posting those!

Baby #3

As of now I am about to start week 12. And my due date is November 20th. I imagine I'll deliver a week early though because of my c-section. So maybe we'll be meeting this little one around the 14th-ish?

My pregnancy with Wylder was 100% different than River. And this one feels different too. In some ways Im not nearly as sick. In other ways I feel worse. I definitely feel more emotional & unstable! ha. So I have no gut feeling if its a boy or girl. Ive been wrong every time so far so I probably wouldn't trust it even if I did! 

Baby #3

And for those curious about the math:
River & Wylder are 15 months apart.
Wylder & this baby will be 16 months apart
And that equals all 3 kids will be under the age of 3. Party Time!!!

Baby #3

We definitely arent the first to do this so I find lots of comfort in that! ;) The Lords timing has been perfect with River & Wylder. (I literally dont think I would have survived Wylder if we didnt have him when we did while Freeland was able to help me!) And Im so thankful that I can tangibly see that and find lots of peace that his timing is perfect with this little one too.. even if it is right smack dab at the beginning of residency! ;)

I took these pictures the other day just playing around .. so I wanted to share them too:

Baby #3

Baby #3

Baby #3

Baby #3
admiring his little brother/sister! Sweet

We're exciting. Thank you for celebrating with us & all the wonderful congratulations from all of you!

Oh and it is awesome .. if you ask River if he wants another baby in the family he says yes! He doesnt really understand but he does more than he did last time & thats been so fun already!

9 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Congrats!!!!! That is super exciting!! Any names picked yet? Thats myy fav part is picking the name!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable. I can't believe how big he's getting too! Congrats again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are an amazing mother and you have a supportive, loving husband- your children are blessed to have you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for your growing family! And I love hearing your trust and faith in the Lord's timing, it is sooooo encouraging. He is faithful in keeping His promises to His children, excited about what He is doing in your lives. And excited you are only going to be an hour away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Man! Congrats!

    This is funny because both of our kids are a week apart (My Bean is a week older than River and Wylder is one week older than my Reid!)

    ..but you’re on your own with this pregnancy sister!

    We aren’t trying until July! So I guess your third being 5 or so months older than our hopeful 3rd isn’t too bad, seeing as how we’re pregnancy twins. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, W looks just like Freeland in the 1st, 3rd and 5th pictures! Whoa.

    Also, you know, CONGRATULATIONS again:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like I said last time, you guys aren't messin' around! Congratulations! It will be tough with freeland starting residency but you can do it and the Lord will give you the strength you need. Can't wait to hear what you are having! (and yes, I missed the announcement in your Africa pics somehow :) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yayyyyy! I'm sooo happy for you and your growing family! I wish I could be your nurse this time too!

    ReplyDelete