Monday, April 30, 2012

Our pictures from Africa ..

Im finally sharing the pictures from our trip Africa. (well some of them! of course I have 24910719387+ more!)

Goodness, we had such an amazing time. It was awesome getting to see just a little part of what life looks like for Bob & Julie there. Seeing how the orphanage works and how loved each of those kiddos are was amazing. Seeing what life looks like for them was amazing. Seeing the culture and learning more about orphans and life in Africa was amazing.  Bob & Julie were so gracious to share story after story with us about all they have learned living there. It hasnt been without suffering and hardships and Im thankful for all the Lord has done through them. I feel like Freeland & I learned more than we could have asked for. I feel like we came home changed probably in more ways than we can even see ourselves & I know deep down the Lord planted lots of seeds in our hearts. We arent sure what his plan will look like for us but we definitely feel open and excited about whatever it is.

These pictures are all at Naomi's Village. (click the link to see/learn more) I could go on & on about all God is doing and how he is restoring the hearts & lives of each of the children there. If you want to hear me go on & on about it feel free to call me, come over, or email me!

So here are the pictures I could at least fit into this slideshow.. none of them are edited. We all know that would have taken me another year to share them! I think the thing you can see most in these pictures is how these children who have come from a number of different heartbreaking situations are truly happy, loved, and joyful. Also, you can see that clearly the staff the Lord has placed there LOVES these children like their own. Ive never seen anything like it. It was such a beautiful thing!

Enjoy .. and no pressure .. but you definitely want to watch the whole thing!





true story! ;)


16 comments:

  1. Oh gosh!! I recommend November 9th, from personal experience!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pictures- thanks for sharing them- my kids were transfixed :) and congratulations- how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I didn't expect that at the end at all! Thanks for sharing the Africa pictures, and good luck with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! So excited for you (again). November births are the best! Good luck on your move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Congratulations! How exciting! I was hoping inside that this was the surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH!!!!!! I love it. Congrats! Can't wait to hear that you are having a GIRL! :)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! May I ask who sings the song you used in your video? It stuck with me, and I'd love to get it. Your video is awesome.
    Thanks.
    Teralyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! So excited for y'all! I love all the pictures and looking forward to hearing about baby number 3!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO exciting! Three under three ; ) can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you everyone for your sweet comments and congratulations! Yall are wonderful & a blessing! Thankful to share the news and our pictures from Africa at the same time!!

    Teralyn, the song is Josh Garrels - Farther Along. I love it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh! Congrats! What an amazing trip...for so many reasons! Lots of praises!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! So so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been reading your blog for a while. I came over from Sarah Williams blog. I had already decided to comment on this post when I saw that you were with the Mendonsas. Their daughter and my niece are really good friends. What a blessing you all must have been to them! I dream of going there one day with my sister and niece. Also, I am so happy for you guys, congratulations on baby #3.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is beyond awesome!!! How far along were you when you found out? We're due right about the same time :) Congrats to your whole family. God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete