Friday, March 2, 2012

We're going back to Africa!!

Im so excited to share that in a little over a week Freeland & I are headed back to Africa!!

I cant believe it.

Just looking through these pictures I think made my heart leap out of my chest.

IMG_8339bw

IMG_9690

IMG_9743

IMG_9012

IMG_9963

IMG_9145

Medical Clinic in Uganda
all the people in the village waiting to be seen at the clinic (you cant see the line outside and around the building)

Medical Clinic in Uganda

IMG_9132

IMG_8810

IMG_9183

IMG_9058
our sweet friend Davis

IMG_8698
oh.my.oh.my.

IMG_8769

IMG_8910

IMG_9364
Johny

Andrew in Africa

uganda mission trip

uganda mission trip

IMG_9857

IMG_9996_1

IMG_0029

IMG_0167_1

IMG_00199

IMG_0353_1

IMG_0425

IMG_0487_1

IMG_0646

IMG_0651

IMG_0511_1

IMG_0855bw

These are actually all from Uganda. But we're actually going back to where Freeland was in Kenya. (before when we went we both went to Uganda for 2 weeks. Then I came home .. because I was working .. and Freeland went and spent another 2 weeks in Kenya)

The Mendonsa's were kind enough to let us come be a small tiny little part of what they are doing. They've recently opened Naomi's Village  so we are going to go try to just serve in anyway we can in the little time we have before Freeland starts Residency.

This trip will look completely different than our other trip. (mostly because we arent going with a church, organization, or with a team of people) But Im so excited and praying that the Lord does great things while we are there.

Our last trip to Africa I feel like the Lord really began a stirring in my heart for what He was about to do with our family (we found out I was pregnant a couple weeks after we got home! ;)  My prayer with this trip is that we come home changed. Simple as that. Whatever it looks like. I just want the Lord to change us.

I absolutely cannot wait to get time with The Mendonsa's, love on kids, see Kenya, and serve along side with Freeland again. Thanks for all of you who have already celebrated with us that the Lord provided time and a way for us to go! We cant believe it!

PS: A few people asked if River & Wylder are going with us.. We definitely want them to come one day but I think they are still too young (and I cant imagine the flight with 2 kids if I'm being honest!) 

PPS: if you want to see more pictures from our trip before here is a link to some of them!

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you both. I know the Lord is faithful to use both of you and teach you amazing things. Excited you guys get this opportunity. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot tell you how excited I am for you two! We will be in prayer for you. Love you guys. Thank you fro heading His Call!

    ReplyDelete