Friday, October 21, 2011

the difference a month makes

with Freeland gone for a month I feel like Im able to measure all that changes in 4 weeks so much better because I can see what has changed since he was last here. And let me tell you, SO much has changed.

River sings now.
He says 'sentences' now: "I get it" "ready, set, go" "1, 2, 3, go" "I get baby" "whats that/this?"
He now runs instead of walks
He has fully switched to one nap.. without needing to rest mid morning.
He has two more teeth
and his hair has thankfully started growing back out after I gave it a horrible cut the day Freeland left. Whoops.

those are just a few things that have changed in his little 18 month world.

IMG_3678
Mr. cool .. so handsome if I do say so myself.

BUT the biggest change has come from our little man Wylder

Holy Moly. First of all he is officially 3 MONTHS OLD! What what!

He is doing all the normal things a 3 month old does: laughing, smiling, cooing, staring at his older brother, hating tummy time (ironic because he sleeps on his tummy!), kicking, squirming, inching his way around things, not even the slightest interest in rolling over yet, starting to be okay with the bath, growing out of all his clothes, sitting up so much better, chewing his hands all day long, discovering his feet, and getting more and more adorable daily.

(note: my mom & step dad were the first ones to hear him giggle right before he turned 12 weeks old. I didnt get to hear it until last night when he laughed in the bath tub. And its the funniest thing Ive ever heard .. I couldnt tell if he was about to start crying or if he was laughing. It cracks me up!)

But, the biggest change has been his temperament and how much better his reflux is and especially how much better he is sleeping!

THANK YOU JESUS!

IMG_3886
love these big ol eyes! 

In just the last month (probably started at 2.5 months) Wylder has gone from never napping on his own (if I wasnt holding him or patting his back) to taking 3 to 4 good naps in his crib everyday. And he went from going to bed around 9:00 or 10:00 at night and then waking up every 1.5-2 hours at night ... to now falling asleep around 6:30 or 7:30 at night and then sleeping 7-9 hours.. waking up once to eat .. then going back to sleep until 6 or 7:30.

Holy Moly. Can we get another Amen!?

I mean seriously. He's like a different baby. Of course there are still hard days and times where he doesnt nap well but nothing (n.o.t.h.i.n.g) compared to what it was like. He is still a momma's boy and he still spits up but doesnt cry out in pain anymore. Oh and did I mention he is finally sleeping? Yes.. that too!

I have learned SO much from this little guy. It will have to be a separate post!

But we are celebrating that he is 3 months old and what a joy he has added to our family. Its especially fun seeing his personality starting to grow and dreaming about who he is going to become & what God has in store for him!

PS: here is River at 3 months for those of you who want to compare.

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you right now! God is so Good! I am happy you and the boys will finally have your Freeland/Daddy back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so happy for you!!!!! Thank You, Lord!!!!

    ReplyDelete