Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

Picture via here

I started reading One Thousand Gifts: A Dare  to Live Fully Right Where You Are a few weeks ago and its been amazing!

I feel like its been perfect for me in this season so I thought I would share it with any of you who may enjoy it also.  Its all about finding the meaning of life and fully embracing where you are at. 

I just read a few pages here & there as I can but its been encouraging and challenging all at the same time & I still am only half way through the book.

We're also reading What Did You Expect?: Redeeming the Realities of Marriage by Paul Tripp. Its been great too. If youre looking for a book on marriage I recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. Kori just gifted this book to me last week - I am so excited to start to read it- great to hear you are enjoying it so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann Voskamp is a startling good writer.

    Her book has been on the NYT Best Seller for some time, but it pales to her blog, and her work for Compassion Canada.

    She is a homeschooling farmer's wife, who draws on daily experience to write her blog. And the blog is better than her book. (She sometimes posts freebies for anyone to print on her blog, such as the book articles, and home school ideas).

    She has lead her life with one love in Heaven, God, and one love on Earth....The Farmer (husband).

    I read her everyday in my emails, as one of few sources of Good News to start any day.

    You can find her at http://www.aholyexperience.com/

    or Google "A Holy Experience" and go from there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Danny Lucas. Without a doubt, Mr. Lucas is a literary giant.

    ReplyDelete