Monday, September 26, 2011

4 years

4 years

and

2 kids later .. here we are!

IMG_3511-2

Last Thursday Freeland & I celebrated 4 years of marriage. It looked a little different this year but the day was still spent celebrating and focusing on our marriage.

IMG_3491-2

Since Freeland was leaving in 2 days we spent this anniversary celebrating as a family so he could get as much time with the kiddos as possible.  We went to Port Farms (pictures coming) in the morning which was awesome and Im so glad Freeland got to come with us.

IMG_3514-2

Then that afternoon we all got dressed in our Sunday best and went to dinner.

(technically I realize now that I wasnt in my Sunday best. I was in my normal V-neck shirt with a cardigan! whoopsie)

IMG_3518-2

Normally for our anniversary we actually stay home and cook but it seemed more relaxing to go to dinner this year. I wasnt up for planning, cooking, or cleaning. Even if we did it all together. And Im glad we made that decision. Dinner was fun. Especially when you go at 5:30 and the restaurant is basically empty.

IMG_3537-2

Also, Im happy to report that both Wylder & River were on their best behavior (a great gift to us!)

I know its important to focus on your marriage first. And to be honest I have to really work at that since Im with kids all day and its easy to let my focus and all my thoughts be around them.

However, they wouldnt be here if it wasnt for our marriage so in a way its nice to include them in some of the celebrations! At least this year it was!

NOW, do you want to see the most horrible/funny picture ever:

IMG_3540-2

Boom! Check that face out!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to a beautiful couple and precious family!! Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH, His face in that last picture is HILARIOUS! YES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary!! And that pic with Wylder's crazy expression is hilarious! I really love the one right before it of you two. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! What a special life yall have built!! Those sweet cheeks...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a beautiful family. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally laughed out loud when I saw Wylder's face in that last picture. That's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete