Friday, July 15, 2011

bump update

First of all, thank you for your sweet comments about the pups. It means a lot .. and Freeland especially really enjoyed reading all of them. Its sweet to know so many of you relate and/or understand. They'll definitely be missed. And like I mentioned in my post, while it is sad & there are moments we're definitely heartbroken, we still have so much to be thankful for.. Especially the birth of our son in just 5 days. So to be honest, the excitement/perspective of the new addition to our family has overshadowed everything else going on at least with dogs. And in a lot of ways made things easier. I hope that makes sense what Im saying and doesnt offend anyone.

So on a more positive note.. I wanted to post one last update since we are just 5 days out now. Here are some pictures from the last 2 weeks of the ever growing bump.

start of 38 weeks:

38 weeks
I think this is the first time there isnt laundry and junk all over our room while Im taking a picture. Im sure its just hidden on the other side of the bed though! :)

38 weeks

end of 38 weeks:

38 weeks

38 weeks

and yesterday:

39 weeks

39 weeks

Overall I feel good. I definitely cant complain. I feel like there has been major grace from God these last 2 weeks. Dont get me wrong.. as always - Im still sore, move S.L.O.W, and have moments where Im counting down the minutes until next Wednesday but its SO much better than I imagined I would feel and I definitely think it could be much worse.

I had my last doctors appointment on Tuesday. He didnt check to see if Im dilated or progressing (since I am having a C-Section he didnt want to do anything that would cause anything to progress when we really want/need to wait until Wednesday.) So it was a short, sweet, and uneventful appointment that ended with a congratulations, a hug and a "I'll be the one with the mask on in the operating room if you need to find me" comment as I walked out the door :)

Oh and I got to leave the dreaded "pee cup" at the office since I definitely wont be needing that thing anymore! Thats something to celebrate for sure! 

I have had a few contractions but none of them have been consistent so Im not worried about it. I just try to drink more water and rest when I have them. I definitely feel huge and bloated and puffy. Im sure most of that is because I stopped going to the gym so its probably just mental.

Freeland comes home for the weekend this afternoon so our plan is to do as much as possible just to enjoy our time as a family of 3 while we can. And then my mom gets here Tuesday night. And then the party really starts!! Woo Hoo!

Oh and I got shirts for River & the baby to wear at the hospital. You know, just in case there is any confusion as to which is which:

brothers

oh, oh, oh and I think Freeland & I have finally narrowed some names down. Some people might die when we tell them because they are "wild" for sure!!!! HA (expecting a phone call from my mother in T-minus 10 seconds on that one!)

11 comments:

  1. You look too cute! How can you still be so skinny with a perfect little bump 5 days before your due date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. your belly is so cute!!! We want a sneak peek of the names???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so excited and can't wait to meet him. You ARE beautiful. The cutest prego ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! So excited for your family!! It's so close! You look great....we want updates!! Love the outfits you had made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I hope I look like you when I'm only a couple days away from having a baby!! You look amazing! Best of luck with everything! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so excite for you girl, you look awesome! yay cant wait to hear the name!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking great like always Brooke! I too loved leaving the "pee cup" with the doctors! =) I'm praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's not Josh, that's Bethany, for realzio

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are absolutely stunning!

    If you need anything quickly, find me, I'm only blocks away!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look awesome! Can't wait to hear news and learn the name! :)

    ReplyDelete