Tuesday, July 19, 2011

almost time

AckleyFamily-307

As Ive mentioned, Freeland is on an away rotation this month. But thankfully they are understanding and theyre giving him time off so he can be here while we have the baby. Then next week he will go back to finish up & my mom will stay with me to help hold the fort down with 2 kids.

So Freeland gets back home tonight. And he's picking my mom up at the airport on the way in.

Then we go in tomorrow morning (at 5:00am!) to meet our little man. (I wont actually have the c-section until probably later in the morning)

Obviously, we cant wait. Its a surreal feeling doing this again. I dont feel nervous but Im sure I will for a moment when everything gets started. I just cant wait for that moment when we, Lord willing, hear his little cry for the first time. Oh and did I mention where we are delivering apparently lets the baby stay with you the entire time (meaning unless something is wrong they are never sent to the nursery.. unless of course you ask them to so you can get some rest later;) So even with a c-section the little man will get to stay with us and never leave our side.. yes, even during recovery! Amazing! I cant wait.

AckleyFamily-32

People ask me a lot if Im nervous about having 2 kids (more tired thinking about it but not nervous) or about if I wonder what it will be like to love two kids. All of which are normal questions/feelings. I actually have no doubt that I will naturally love this little one the same way I instantly loved River. The things I wonder about is if I will want to compare them and how I will adapt to things being different this time around. Obviously, no 2 kids are alike.

I just pray that we both are sensitive to the way our children are different and therefore need to be loved & encouraged in different ways.  Thankfully, the Lord has given us the ability to love both our kids the way they need to be loved. So while its crazy to think about I feel a huge peace about it. And in a lot of ways excited about it. 

AckleyFamily-75b

Im hoping to spend the rest of the day preparing my heart to meet this little guy and watch our family grow. Less than 24 hours now!

Also, I plan to give updates asap after he is born. Im sure most will be on twitter .. if youre interested & dont have a twitter account - they are posted on the right side of our blog. If internet is working in the hospital I will make sure to post a picture of the little booger as soon as I get a chance! Thanks for all your support & encouragement!

*all the pictures above are by Puremotif Photography.

13 comments:

  1. Brooke,
    River is a doll. It will be so sweet to watch him interact with your new little one I'm sure. Praying for your family in this transition!! Can't wait to see your newest little blessing.

    GOD BLESS!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! How exciting for your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to meet the little one - virtually first then of course in person!

    We'll be thinking of you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's time for me to introduce myself. HAHA! I have been keeping up with your blog probably since 2007. I am friends with Camille and Mrs. Lora, oh and my best friend is Sarah from Simply Sarah. I love your writing, the pictures and am so excited about the upcoming birth. We have 2 little boys ourselves. Quite an adventure but so much love. I am going to comeout of my secret blog-stalking closet and let my presence be known since you are embarking on a journey that I am living through- surviving 2 little men! HA! Congrats and can't wait to see how tomorrow goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our thoughts will be with you! What an exciting time! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you the very best thoughts and prayers!!!! Having two is tiring but wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying God's covering for you all! Need pics ASAP! He will be "Uniquely designed"! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for your family, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful time meeting your newest little man. July 20 is a GREAT birthday it's the same as my little man who is turning 3 tomorrow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great looking family you have and will have. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations and lots of prayers for your all tomorrow... you will be a great mom to 2 kids and watching them grow into 2 unique blessings is all the fun and adventure... i can't wait to see photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I see that he is here and all is well! Hope you are recovering well and can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe the middle name should be Dane

    ReplyDelete