Friday, July 22, 2011

Ackley party of four

Baby Ackley
Born 7.20.11 at 7:38am
7lbs 12oz
21" long













Still at the hospital. Checking out tomorrow. Just wanted to share some pictures from my phone while I had the chance. He is precious & being a family of four has been wonderful so far. He looks just like River did as a newborn except with dark hair & darker eyes. He is pretty calm & laid back .. unless he gets cold .. then he very quickly finds his voice! :)

I promise we aren't just keeping his name a secret to torture everyone. We just haven't officially decided on one. (yes, its very annoying!) We have until tomorrow so I can promise you we'll have it by then! We've narrowed it down so I'm just calling him all of those for the time being to see which one fits!

Rivers warming up to him and slowly taking more interest in him. He's got the whole "baby" thing down. And it's pretty darn cute to hear him say it over & over again.

Thanks you so much for all your emails, texts, comments etc! We definitely feel so loved, encouraged, and taken care of!

19 comments:

  1. He looks exactly like river in the first pic! Totally thought it was him!

    COngrats! can't wait to hear what you choose for his name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and adorable, how do you like
    Landry Dane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you guys just stayed in the hospital to enjoy the free air conditioning =] he's so darling; i can not wait to watch him grow up over the next year-ish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a handsome boy! I'm sure River just loves him to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. soo sweet Brooke, Im so happy for you mama!!! He's just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww he is beautiful! The boys certainly look like brothers! Take it easy when you can. Don't overdo it. Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! He really does look like River in that first picture. I wish I could be there to meet him...thanks for keeping us updated on your blog. I hope you are recovering well. Miss you. :) -Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am lost for words as to why Mr. Danny Lucas has spearheaded a smear campaign against me. I have no idea what his motives are and with that said, I sort of pity him for his disillusionment. Please know that I have never written an off color comment on your wonderful blog nor would I ever and most of all, I am not a troll as I stand accused. I do however respect your decision to ban me from commenting on your blog should you choose to do so and will hold no ill will. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He's beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brooke,

    The look on your face in the third picture tells a story of pure love. I have little doubt your new "man" will carry that photo to his own children, and THEIRS, for generations to come. It is tough to record such true love.

    You have posted zillions of pictures, but that facial expression is extraordinary.

    Congrats to you and Freeland, and all your growing family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Handsome boy!! Congrats...what a perfect family!!! Can't wait to see more picts!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Much love to you!! He is perfect and beautiful. What an incredible miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. CONGRATS girl! What a sweet baby boy and a sweet family!

    ReplyDelete