Friday, May 13, 2011

andrew & elizabeths wedding

Good thing Im not a photographer - I could never stick to the "just post a few pictures on your blog" rule. The reason we were in Arkansas this last weekend was for my step-brother's wedding. Andrew & Elizabeth have a sweet little love story. Dating, then loving each other long distance from Arkansas to South Africa, to now being hitched and starting their marriage together. We havent had a ton of time with them since we have always been in Pennsylvania since most of their relationship has taken place. But I WISH we had more time with them because I know we would all be besties. Elizabeth is the sweetest person ever. (and the most calm bride ever) and Andrew is the funniest/wittiest and go-with-the-flow person I know.  Both refreshing to be around.

I wish I had pictures from the rehearsal dinner. It was beautiful. It was in an adorable house.. out on the screened in porch. The weather was perfect. And holy moly the food was amazing. All the little details and the work that went into it was great. Sadly, I didnt have my camera.

But here are some pictures from the wedding. I actually dont have a ton but I do have a few & Im posting almost all of them:

IMG_0278-2
in the hotel getting ready. Thats me 29 (almost 30) weeks along if you're interested. However, my tummy kind of blends in with Freelands pants so I guess you cant see how ginormous it is.

IMG_0347-2
the wedding party

IMG_0355-2

IMG_0338-2
my brother & his girlfriend Sarah.. who we also got to meet this weekend! :)

Before I go on I should tell you that Elizabeth did so much of this wedding herself. Well, Im sure with the help of a lot of people. But all the details were adorable & it was sweet to know that lots of work went into everything with the help of all the people who love them.

IMG_0360-2

IMG_0364-2
the barn where the reception was held.. it was beautiful

IMG_0382-2
Look! They did a thumbprint tree also! I LOVED theirs!

IMG_0377

IMG_0379
Im pretty sure her mom made this... thats just a guess though.

IMG_0381

IMG_0404-2
I loved how beautiful the reception was.

IMG_0390

IMG_0393
her mom seriously made all the food for the wedding. it was amazing.

IMG_0395-2

IMG_0397

IMG_0400
Elizabeth's dad made the cake toppers for them. adorable right?

IMG_0463

IMG_0534

IMG_0466-2
happy couple


Then some family pics:

IMG_0405
freeland took this picture.. I thought my dad would love it.

IMG_0407-2

IMG_0421-2

IMG_0411-2

IMG_0419-2

IMG_0429-2

IMG_0431-2

IMG_0448-2

IMG_0456-2

IMG_0450

The dances:
IMG_0479-2

IMG_0480-2

IMG_0486

IMG_0489

IMG_0505
sweet little moment with Elizabeth & her parents all hugging.

IMG_0518
they definitely smashed cake all over each other I just already set my camera down before it happened.

IMG_0521-2

IMG_0529

IMG_0536

IMG_0567
signing the marriage liscense. An important step!

Then they made their exit to sparklers! But we all actually went back in and kept dancing. And guys, it was soo hot.. this 7 month pregnant girl was on the dance floor doing the dougie. When I say hot - I mean probably very disturbing for all the other people to have to witness. BUT we had a good time. I was actually in a little pain and then all the sudden had a burst of energy so I took advantage and enjoyed the night dancing. However, I paid the price for it later.

They had a photobooth too! I cant wait to see those pictures. Im also super jealous they are on their honeymoon right now. Like, super super jealous. But glad they get a week to rest.

Freeland & I stayed outside and played with the sparklers before we left the wedding.

IMG_0575

IMG_0582
writing River's name

IMG_0583

And a major thanks to my mom & step dad who drove in all the way from Dallas to help & watch River while we were at the wedding. I mean, its not like I had to twist their arms.. they pretty much jumped at the opportunity to see him of course! But it was a huge blessing.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures!!! i love her hair and dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, that thumbprint tree is just about the greatest things i've ever seen in my life! you look gorgeous brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke you are so great at taking photographs!!

    ReplyDelete