Thursday, April 7, 2011

Rivers Little Man Birthday Party (aka Mustache Bash)

Okay, I have no idea where to start with these pictures. There are umm over a hundred so Im just trying to weed through them. And Im not editing them otherwise they wont get posted until his 2nd birthday. Im sure you are all offended. ;)

We had such a great time. Its fun to do birthday parties for your kids. (although Im totally happy going to McDonald's next time!) We kept it small and low key. A few friends couldn't be there & were missed but we are so thankful for the friends who could come celebrate our little man's life. We both felt like River knew something was up because he had this look on his face all day like "here I am - celebrate me!"

Here are a few random pictures from the party per my families request since they couldn't fly in for it. We had a photo booth so I'll post all those pictures (HI-larious!) and I'll post more pictures of all the details/decorations next too.

IMG_9058
Family mustache picture. River didnt get the "smile" memo on this one.
(Me at 24 weeks in case youre curious .. Never in my life did I imagine Id be pregnant at my sons 1st birthday party. But its fun)

IMG_9142
gettin his stash on

IMG_9031
smash cake

IMG_9115
playing with a few of his friends that were there

IMG_9122

IMG_9162
opening gifts (even though we said "no gifts" please!)

IMG_9163

IMG_9165
funny story. As you may remember freeland is a "to do list" kinda person. Its a little out of control. So much so that Sarah & Drew got River his first to do list! (it says To Do: Eat, sleep, poop, cry!) funny!

Rivers gift from us:
IMG_9168

IMG_9170

Id say it was a success!

IMG_9172
the boy loves mickey!

IMG_9169
Becky made this amazing birthday card

And the of course the cake:

IMG_9174
he apparently knew to take the candle out

IMG_9185

IMG_9189

IMG_9191

IMG_9195

IMG_9197

IMG_9203
and this was when he was like "get this stuff off me!" I think it was a mix of not taking a nap that afternoon and the fact that he wanted to throw it but couldnt figure out how to get it off his fingers onto the ground. Either way I was proud of what he did eat. And it didnt take him that long to fall asleep that night surprisingly. (I think the no-nap thing helped)

IMG_9219
we threw him in the bath after to clean him off

then back to playing with the toys:
IMG_9173

IMG_9239

IMG_9238

IMG_9236
the tunnel was a huge hit with all the kids.

IMG_9360
some of the favors that were left over .. now Rivers favorite toys. Nothing beats the $1.00 section at target.

okay I'll post all the decorations, photo booth pictures, and everything else next. 

5 comments:

  1. So cute!! Looks like a blast. Sad, we don't live closer:( Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ snapped some photos of you 3 opening gifts that I'll send over to you tonight - they are nothing amazing, but it's still some photos with YOU included ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cute. Glad the party was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking birthday boy!! And I'm with you on the "I never thought I'd be pregnant at my child's first birthday party!" But fun it was, and fun it is :):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love his "cake tummy" poking out when Freeland is holding him!! So sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete