Friday, February 25, 2011

still waiting. but only kind of waiting.

We showed up for the sonogram this morning only to be told they couldn't do it. Or technically, they wouldnt do it. Problem was that they wanted to do a 4d sonogram and wanted my doctor to sign off on it. Well, that would have been nice information to know BEFORE I showed up! There wasnt anyway to get my doctor on the phone right away.

As I tried to hold back the tears I felt coming on as an emotional pregnant woman being told she couldn't have something.. I began to beg.  All I could think is - all these people who read my blog are waiting to find out! How can I do this to them!?

Not really, but kind of. I did think about the blog & all of you wonderful people who are so sweet and are excited for us. But really what I thought was... I WANT TO KNOW THE SEX OF THIS BABY!!! TELL ME NOW!!!


Not to worry, I worked my magic.


Once we got it worked out and I explained that I didnt care to have a 4d sonogram and all that they had to look at were the parts & pieces and I would be on my way they happily agreed to do so.

BUT NOW

NOW

There is an envelope sitting next to me that I am desperately trying NOT to peek at. The sonographer happily agreed to just write down the sex so I could wait until I was with Freeland and we could find out together. My mother, however, was able to see the screen. So she knows if its a boy or girl. Well, River saw it too. But Im pretty sure he doesnt know what he was looking at.

So until Freeland gets home tonight I will just be sitting here waiting!

and waiting.

and waiting.

7 comments:

  1. OMG...I have been waiting today to find out what you are having!!! I am one of those people anxiously awaiting the news! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been on my computer in a week and I still have to wait?!?! The suspense...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I'm dying!! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't take it - so excited to hear!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting........waiting.......waiting. Jackson finally fell asleep. He was tired of waiting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your little boy! They'll be the best of friends. And how sweet of you to wait on the hubs to find out together- Very neat!

    ReplyDelete