Friday, January 7, 2011

we arent messin around

My friend Meredith wrote on facebook: "Congratulations! You're not messing around" and it made me laugh. I suppose its true too! We arent. :)

Scan 3
(I know its a strange picture. its the only one they gave us. basically you are looking at the placenta over the baby in a 3d image)

as of today I am starting my 12th week. The due date is July 29th.

River was 6 months old when I got pregnant so our kids will officially be 15 months apart. (but really almost 16 months.. and that sounds better)

yes, that makes my heart jump. and then makes me want to take a nap.

We found out on Thanksgiving morning.. which I love. I'll never forget Thanksgiving morning sitting on the kitchen floor with the turkey in the oven .. Freeland holding me praying over our 2nd child.. tears pouring down my face.

I knew the entire week I was pregnant. But Freeland kept saying there was absolutely no way. (warning TMI: I knew since the first month River was born that I was able to get pregnant again if that makes since so we were actually taking steps to prevent getting pregnant again for the time being  .. that is why Freeland thought there wasn't a way for me to be pregnant. As if we can control these things! ha)

But I just knew. Mostly because I was EXHAUSTED. Seriously - ready to go to bed at 5:00 in the afternoon.. if not earlier. And my face looked like a peperoni pizza all the sudden. On top of all the same feelings I had the last time I was pregnant. I was positive.

Even though it was a HUGE shock. We are extremely thankful and definitely have a peace about having another baby. We trust the Lords plan for our lives and our family. And even though we are hundreds of miles away from family & support I know that we will be able to make it. People do it all the time. And we definitely aren't the first!

I feel okay. I got SUPER sick towards the beginning.. pretty much right when I found out I was pregnant.. so I guess right at 4 or 5 weeks. Which is much earlier than I was with River. But Im feeling much better now. Still nauseous on & off but mostly just tired now. In so many ways this pregnancy is exactly the same with River and its also completely different.  No major cravings. (except I'll always take a glass of chocolate milk) And of course Im already showing. But seeing as I never lost all the baby weight to begin with Im not surprised by that.

Thank you again for all your encouragement and for being so excited for us. Yall are all to sweet & it means a lot that you would celebrate with us.

16 comments:

  1. Praying you have a healthy pregnancy! Excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you! There will an element of 'survival' for a couple of weeks but that will go by quickly! LOVE how close my boys are and how they are so close. They love doing the same things, playing the same toys, eating similar foods, watching the same shows on PBS, sharing clothes:), taking simultaneous afternoon naps:) Pretty soon you will be making dinner, having a glass of wine with your husband, and hearing your TWO kiddos playing together in the other room! We never thought that day would come but trust me...it will:) by the way, the 'word verification' to post this comment is "uleake" ha. hopefully not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! My brother and I are 16 months apart. And then my mom had three more girls after me in six year. I love having siblings close in age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooke!!

    I have been following your blog for awhile now and I just love keeping up with your sweet family! Congratulations! How very exciting! I am the oldest of six girls...my next sister & I are 20 mos apart & the BEST of friends! River will be a great big brother :)

    Praying for you & a healthy pregnancy!

    God Bless~
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Congrats!! That is so exciting! :)

    Prayers for a smooth pregnancy and lots of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll say this-I was way more sick with my girls...started feeling sick like from day 1 with Charlie. And that's all I'm saying. Girl. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't commented in SUCH a long time but I will today b/c my children are 16 months apart and its great for SO many reasons. They are 4 and 5 now. It will be wonderful. Sleepless and hard, but wonderful. LOL You will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke,
    So exciting! Overwhelming, surely, but exciting nonetheless. Glad you're feeling better. Hope the pregnancy goes well! We were hoping to have our second and third a little closer together but with nursing wasn't able to. Guess that's how my body works. Anyways, I think it's so cool that they'll be so close in age. What fun they'll have together! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy for you. But you're stalking my life,lol. Or I'm stalking yours. I'm due on the 28th of July! But will have ours sooner since I had to have a c-section with the first and was advised for many reasons not to try a V-Bac. Are you aiming to have the same experience or something different?

    ReplyDelete
  10. congratulations and lots of prayers for you guys for a healthy pregnancy and happy babies! i know it may seem overwhelming right now, but God does not give you anything you can't handle, so find that encouraging. What a wonderful journey and you officially make the 5th baby coming in 2011 that I know of :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! Saying prayers for you!! I'm a friend of Camille's and my babies are 360 days apart. My oldest was 4 months old when we found out and they are now 3 & 4. You'll survive....it's tough but oh so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! What an amazing blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Brooke...I read your blog often and I found you through other friends of mine who went to Baylor. My husband and I had our first baby in Feb, and we are expecting our 2nd in April....what a whirlwind, huh? I was giddy when I read your news because I have had the best time being pregnant and having a little one and I know you will too! Oddly enough my brother and I are 13 months apart and we are the best of friends! God is so good, and I know he has truly blessed your life! Thanks for letting us read your blog!!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mere's comment made me laugh too! Rhett and Huddy are a year and a half apart too -- and I wouldn't have it any other way :-) And my brother and I are 12 months apart, and my mom lived to tell the tale. You'll be great.

    P.S. I didn't know having kids close together was called "baby bunching." I learned something knew from reading your blog comments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad I could make you laugh :) So excited for you and know you will be a great mom of 2!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meg, I tried to respond on your blog but it looks like you have comments turned off! Yes how crazy we are both prego again at the same time!!! Thats so fun! I hope youre feeling well. Your daughter is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete