Tuesday, January 18, 2011

independence

I was working on letting River play by himself no matter if he fusses or not. He's normally good at this but the last 2 or 3 weeks he only last a few minutes then wants us on the floor with him. (which obvisoulsly I do all the time as I think its important and the reason I am home with him - but its also important he has a little independence. Especially since soon he wont be the only child that wants to be held.)

But I cant help it. He just scooches on over and wants to sit in my lap and play. Its the most adorable thing. So we'll work on being independent when he is 16 and doesnt want me to take him to school anymore or kiss him on the cheek in front of his friends.

Also, Im currently filling out an application for a gym membership. its been a long time. we'll see how it goes. 

We finally had River's 9 month appointment yesterday. it was my least favorite as they drew blood that was required by our insurance. Nothing big just standard stuff. But oh my gosh please dont ever make me hold him down again while they search for a vein or draw all that blood. saddest thing ever.

2 comments:

  1. What gym are you applying to? Because I think I'm going to apply at the Y.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until you have to hold him down while he is getting stitches. Some parts of parenting are hard to do, but you do what you have to.

    ReplyDelete