Friday, January 21, 2011

9 months

Well, lets see how fast I can do this because I have a little 9 month old grabbing at the computer trying to do his first blog post and I'm pretty sure Dad wouldn't enjoy coming home to a broken laptop.

IMG_7469-2

This month it seems like so much has happened but I cant recall it all at the moment.

The biggest thing that sticks out is that you eat ALL THE TIME! However, you would never know that by your weight.. only 18.6lbs (17%) Its not like you just snack either.. but I guess I'll just enjoy that you fit in your clothes longer and wish that I had your metabolism. I love all the new foods you will eat and you definitely prefer to feed yourself. You still don't like your sippy cup though but I just let you play with it hoping one day you enjoy it.

IMG_7470-2

You FINALLY started to crawl. (umm at 9 1/2 months!) Forever you just scooted backwards and then last weekend you finally figured out how to get up on those knees and move forward. And even though the doctor told me to practice with you I know youre going at your own pace and you'll take off all the time when you are ready. (what do doctors know anyway. just kidding Freeland)

You also finally are starting to move from 3 naps to 2 naps. A few days here and there you still want to take 3 and Im okay with that. But Im definitely enjoying a 2 nap schedule much better! We can do so much more! With 2 naps you also want to go to be a lot earlier. Which Im also fine with.

IMG_7474-2

We're working on your bad habit of waking up anywhere from 4:00-6:00am and wanting to be put back to sleep instead of falling asleep on your own like the rest of the night. You're fine not eating if your dad goes in there so I know you don't need to eat. (clearly - you're almost 10 months old!) If I let you cry - you cry a lot but its getting better. And its all my fault that you got into the habit so we'll see how long it takes to break. (feel free to pass along tips!)

You also are starting to repeat words.. barely but its cute when you do. Sometimes you will repeat mama and dada.. but its especially awesome when you repeat other words like kiki and doggy. Oh and you have officially learned to shake your head no. I dont think you know what you are doing (yet) but you know it works when you dont want a certain food. And Lord help us you started grinding your teeth.. so lets just say your pacifier is my best friend right now. 

IMG_7467-2

Oh you will also finally drink formula! For months you absolutely refused it.. so we are very grateful because ummm the other supply was quickly running out. Thankfully I stored up an embarrassing amount in the freezer so you are still drinking half B.Milk and half formula.

You also had your first real babysitter this month too. I know that's ridiculous that it took us so long. But without family living close I guess that what happens. You dont really have stranger anxiety (yet) but you do want someone with you all the time.

I love the little boy you are becoming. Your personality is starting to show more and more and its absolutely precious.

6 comments:

  1. Happy 9 months River! Congrats on learning to crawl. Avery is crawling and loves trying to see what she can get into.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats River on the crawling! You are such an awesome baby, cool too! And you have an extraordinary mommy, daddy too of course! AND you will be a great big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that the b.milk and formula/poison is working out. Also, River, I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hes getting so cute and so big. I can't believe he is already 9 months. He is going to be a great big brother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's crawling?! How exciting! Guess we need to take another trip up so we can witness this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a happy little baby boyyy ♥ aww!!! and i love his name!

    ReplyDelete