Thursday, December 23, 2010

little jonah

This is what I have been doing the last few weeks (Besides taking care of "sweet little River" as my nana calls him. :) Not that its taken me all day & night for weeks! Dont want to give you the wrong idea! Just a little time here & there! I had a blast going through all the pictures!

As you may know our friends Bethany & Josh welcomed their son Jonah into the world November 22nd. Some of you may have been following her blog. If not you can read about their story & precious family here

Bethany was kind enough to let me pretty much invade their hospital room and take a gazillion pictures. (Taking pictures of precious newborn babies at the hospital with their family has to be my favorite thing to take pictures of!)

I just sent all the pictures to Bethany so I thought I would post a few previews for her & her family. (note: Bethany - I tried to leave off all the ones I already emailed you so hopefully these are all new to you! I cant remember though!)

Sorry for the picture overload. Its hard to pick just one when they involve a little guy that is so precious & pretty much the most photogenic family I have ever seen:

IMG_5119-2
proud father admiring his wife while holding his son! (llllooooove it!)

IMG_5172-1
family admiring their new grandson & great grandson

IMG_5838-2
proud aunt

IMG_5332-1

IMG_5817-2

IMG_5218-2

IMG_5558-2
proud papa

IMG_5432-1

IMG_5555-2

IMG_5836-1

IMG_5386-1
proud uncle

IMG_5710-1
is her mother not gorgeous?!? holy moly.

IMG_5757-1
lets just say Bethanys got some gooooood genes!!

IMG_5638-2
precious family

IMG_5797-2

IMG_5697

IMG_5654-2

I also went over to Bethany's house to take some of Jonah for their Christmas card this year. That was fun & something Ive never done! (and wish I would have with River!) Taking pictures of newborns isnt as easy as it looks! Let me tell ya! But Josh's grandmother made this little hat for him .. isnt it the most precious thing ever?? It pretty much made my job 10000 times easier because how could a picture not turn out adorable with such a handsome little guy in an awesome hat!

IMG_6169-2

I call this one his zoolander face:

IMG_6495-1

check out those gorgeous eyes:

IMG_6540 bw

Oh gosh there are SO many more! But I'll let Bethany share the rest! Thank you again Bethany for letting me be a part of all the celebrations! I loved taking these pictures and getting to pray & rejoice together!

6 comments:

  1. Brooke! Those are awesome~! You have some amazing talent at photography girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! Honestly your pictures are so crisp sometimes. I love them!

    Also, do you use a certain editing program?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really awesome pics Brooke!
    Have you ever heard of birth photography? It's very popular down here. I really wish we had done it. A lot of my friends have done it and their pictures are one of their most prized posessions.

    Check it out here:
    http://www.dfwbirthphotographer.com/home/

    You would be awesome at it! A little extra income for mommies doesn't hurt either!!
    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't thank you enough Brooke! Truly a priceless gift that I will cherish always. And I agree with Kate, you could TOTALLY do this professionally. And BTW...I've gotten SOOOO many complements on the pictures. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So more than your FAMILY are encouraging you to look into a side photography business. 'From the mouths of two or more witnesses let everything be established'

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for all your sweet comments!! Kayla Sue - I use photoshop to edit our photos. Freelands father gave it to us a few years ago and Ive just been trying to learn it since.

    And Kate, thank you for the link! I will have to check it out!! I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete