Thursday, December 2, 2010

the county fair

okay sadly.. there are so many county fairs in this area that Freeland & I actually cant even remember which county we were in for this fair! So I apologize in advance.

When Rusty & David were both in town we wanted to drive out and see what the county fair was all about. It was a cloudy & rainy day but I think we made the best of it anyway. I honestly dont think I had ever been to a county fair like this before. I didnt realize all that goes into it and I think we were all impressed walking around. River included!

County Fair
this is where they had all the prizes for everything from pumpkins, squash, flowers, cookies, to quilts and stacks of hay.

County Fair

County Fair
rusty & freeland checking out the winning grapes

County Fair
all the jelly/jam

County Fair

and then David and I got a little crazy and started to entertain ourselves taking pictures. Again, I apologize in advance

County Fair

County Fair
first place carrots

County Fair
first place pumpkin

County Fair
first place tomatoes

County Fair

County Fair

County Fair

and we even got one with the first place horse:
County Fair

I dont know why we thought we were having so much fun taking those but we did. And then we realized maybe we werent supposed to touch anything so we stopped. quickly.

Then we took River out to see all the animals. It was his first time seeing animals outside of our little zoo.

County Fair
watching the rodeo (or the horses .. Im not sure if you call it a rodeo or not? but it looked like what horses do in the rodeos Ive seen before) can you tell I didnt grow up in a small town? how lame.

County Fair

County Fair

County Fair
riding his first tractor

County Fair

County Fair

County Fair
seeing his first goat

freeland taught him all about life with goats from his days back at the World Hunger Farm

County Fair

County Fair

County Fair

County Fair

and then we browsed the games, rides, food, and headed back home. It really is amazing all the things people do for the county fairs here. I bet growing up working and going to the fairs creates lots of great memories.

I wish I had more pictures of Rusty & Freeland. He was a huge help (he happens to have a lot of experience!) and we had a blast with him here for the 2 weeks during his rotation.

3 comments:

  1. it looks like y'all were the only ones there???? maybe the fairs aren't as popular as they used to be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um the pictures with all the vegetables are hilarious! I needed a good laugh today! River is so big and precious! Hope y'all are staying warm! We're crying about 46 today, ha!

    ReplyDelete