Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

This years thanksgiving was amazing.

I loved celebrating as a family. I loved filling our house with friends. I loved starting traditions with River. and I loved eating more than I should have.

There are a gazillion pictures so I'll keep it short & sweet.

River woke up super early (6:15!) I guess he just couldnt wait to start the day. So we got up and started prepping all the food and getting everything ready that we could.

Freeland started on the Turkey

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

while I made Monkey Bread (holiday tradition) and started on the Coconut Cream Pie in my christmas pajamas:

Thanksgiving 2010

You may be curious to know why I started the pie at 7:00 in the morning. Its because I have made this pie 234982734 times before (its freelands favorite) and every time I have destroyed it. And I dont mean destroyed it in a good way.  (meringue = not my friend) So I was determined to get it right this time. But in case it didnt turn out I wanted to make sure I had time for plan B

Then we played:

Thanksgiving 2010

(thanks cam & adam for letting us borrow some toys!)

and watched the parade:

Thanksgiving 2010

then we checked the turkey every 30 minutes for the next 6 hours. (it was a 29lbs turkey!)

and set the table:

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

and then Russ & Corinne arrived from Pittsburgh. With gifts for River too!!

I just want to point out this is his first Christmas gift to ever open:

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

first he wanted to read it:

Thanksgiving 2010

then he wanted to eat it:

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thank you guys so much! He loves both the toys!

Then everybody else slowly started trickling in and amazingly the turkey & the rest of the food was all done on time! So we got all the food set up and got ready to chow down:

Thanksgiving 2010
Freelands amazing turkey!

Thanksgiving 2010

time to eat

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

holy yummyness. the food was to.die.for. I dont know why we dont cook these things all the time!

after we all finished eating the kids all went to play:

Thanksgiving 2010

and Drew went around and took orders for dessert. Yes there was that much dessert. And yes he is that organized:

Thanksgiving 2010

Sadly the only dessert I took a picture of was my coconut pie. (proud much?) Actually it was just because I took it before all the other desserts arrived and forgot to take another one later! But here is proof that after 2 years trying the pie finally turned out:

Thanksgiving 2010

and of course we couldnt resist pulling the turkey back out:

Thanksgiving 2010

I promise he really does like his costume even though he isnt smiling there!

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Love that little turkey!!And even though we have now officially spent 3 Thanksgivings away from our families back in Texas .. Im thankful for all the friends we have here to celebrate with. It was such a memorable Thanksgiving for us. And I couldnt be more thankful.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures, you're a great photographer! Would love to know your secrets :) Did you do a custom white balance for these Thanksgiving pics? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time. Your house and table setting was so beautiful! AND love the costume on River! So stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looked wonderful, so glad you all had a great time together. And just wanted to let you know I'm so thankful for you Brooke!

    ReplyDelete