Friday, October 15, 2010

6 months later

This is way late. River turned 6 months on the 2nd. Here it is the 15th. But better late than never?

While we were in Texas we left River with my mom so we could make it down to San Antonio for our friends wedding. This means I was apart from River for exactly 24 hours. It was sad. But he was fine. Somehow he made it without me! (ha) Anyway, point of my story was that while we were away my mom snuck River out to have pictures taken of him to surprise us. (rebel babysitter) so those are the pictures Im using in this post since technically it was his "6 month photos". I apologize because they are scanned so they arent great quality.

River 6 month pictures

6 months. All the sudden he is a little boy and no longer seems like a baby. Things are starting to change quicker than ever. He surprises us with something new everyday. And his personality is definitely coming out.

At his 6 month appointment he was 16.4oz (28%) and 26.7 inches long (65%). His head was 17(35%) if any one was curious? But the doctor said he is doing great. And clearly Im acing this motherhood thing. (she didnt say that to me even though she does tell Camille all the time that she is!!!!)

Here are all the things that stand out from the last month. At 5 1/2 months Rivers 2 front bottom teeth popped out! And then all the sudden he started sitting up! He is starting to reach for us to pick him up which melts my heart. He no longer wants to sit still and if there is anything in front of him he wants to grab at it. I love watching him figure out new things every day! And he laughs and smiles all the time and Ive never heard anything sweeter than his laugh. He eats like a champ. (even though he still refuses rice cereal) he loves his veggies and fruits. He "talks" all the time. Just this last week he started saying "mamamamamam mama ma ma mama" so that basically means I WON! (kidding)

River 6 month pictures

He sleeps well. I wont go into his schedule out of fear that the second I write it down he will change. (kidding again) but most days he sleeps well. However, I still have him in that #@$)#^@* swaddle. Technically a woombie.. not a swaddle. But in T minus 15 days we are getting rid of it. (its bout time)

At 6 months he made his first (of many) trips to Texas and was finally able to meet the rest of his family who has patiently been waiting. It was the perfect age to take him I think. He LOVED the attention. And it was hilarious to me to watch him eat it all up since Ive never seen him in that situation before.

Also Im even more thankful for our little zoo than ever before. They are starting to serve as constant entertainment for our little guy. He is always looking for them and trying to reach to grab whichever one is around. He "talks" to them if they are in the room.. and I have a feeling once he is crawling they arent going to know what to do!

River 6 month pictures

Note: that picture cracks me up. River is still a daddy's boy. His personality comes out the most when he is around and I dont think anyone can get him to laugh and squeal the way Freeland can. I love it.

6 comments:

  1. Can't believe he is already 6 months!! I know you can't either :) He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that last picture = Senior Picture!!!
    SO cute! Hope we can see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what beautiful pictures... he is precious and handsome and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can't be 6 months already?! He's still super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's such a heart-breaker already!! He's so handsome, Brooke. I love that he is the perfect mix (looks-wise) of you & Freeland!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right, he does look like a little boy now and no so much a baby! Looking forward to seeing that handsome thing-AND NO NOT YOU FREELAND!

    ReplyDelete