Friday, August 6, 2010

the wubbanub

the wubbanub
back when River was just 2 months old with his paci

Ive had a few people ask me about River's pacifier that he normally uses.

And Im sure the people who haven't asked have wondered - because I would too. I mean its a huge teddy bear attached to a pacifier!

Our friend Ashley gave us the pacifier. I honestly didnt know the genius of it or realize what it was for until one day we were changing him and needed a pacifier so I opened the drawer.. found this one.. and that second I realized how brilliant it was!

First of all its called a wubbanub and it uses the Soothie pacifier, (same one that is used in the hospitals). The pacifier is then sewn into the WubbaNub (the stuffed animal) The reason is because it eliminates the use of pacifier straps, prevents the pacifier from being lost, dropped or even forgotten, and the plush animal provides maximum comfort for babies and makes it easy for them to grasp and manipulate the pacifier themselves. (all that info was taken from the website)

But in my own words: basically its a life saver (especially when River was an infant) because you could just lay it on his chest and the weight of the stuffed animal keeps the pacifier in his mouth. If for some reason he pushed it out of his mouth it was still sitting there right next to him and he could get it back in himself. Which works out beautifully in his crib while he is sleeping too!  We love it because he can also grab onto the stuffed animal and really seems to like having something to hold onto. Honestly, it looks like he is cuddling with it so its adorable. And now that he is figuring out his hands he can pick it up and sometimes get it back in his own mouth.

wubbanub
snuggling

Some friends have asked me if he will take other pacifiers - yes. He will use any pacifier.. but I feel like he likes this one the best. Also, it can be washed. (which ours really needs to be!) And there are tons of different stuffed animals .. a duck, frog, giraffe, puppy, monkey - and for you Texas friends there is even a Long Horn! and lots more. (my favorites are the giraffe, puppy, and bear that we have)

Anyway .. thats all the info I can think of.

My only complaint is that there is this stuffed animal in half of his pictures. But I can easily move it if I cared that much.

Hope that helps for those who were curious. If I left off anything let me know. I know a few of you also use them so feel free to add to what I said!

9 comments:

  1. I love it! I even love saying WubbaNub. =) Totally getting the giraffe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love wubbanubs!! So helpful in keeping the paci in the mouth or at least within reach!!

    As a nurse I just want to leave a warning about wubbanubs. I worked in a NICU and babies that were no longer in isolettes but in open cribs and able to move around on their own were not allowed to have a wubbanub because of the SIDS factor. When left in a crib with an infant it can become a suffocation risk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got the giraffe as a gift and LOVE it! Nash will take any passy (just like River) but the Wubbanub is his favorite!!! I think we need the monkey!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you put any type of pacifier on it? Chloe really prefers nuks and we have them all over the house and are always losing them, and she's also at the age where she's loving grabbing onto stuffed animals and toys and so it seems like it would be a great combination! Just wondered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends all love this. The giraffe was the first thing I registered for! Although I was not aware of the longhorn which is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that! And there's a longhorn!? I better not show my husband unless I'm prepared to buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you love them too :) We have 6 of them .. yes, 6!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would think the stuffed animal might be a good "transition" comfort item too one day when you are trying to get rid of the paci??! That thing sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today, in the market a mother can find a large variety of infant pacifiers in different shapes and styles. The most popular ones are the funny pacifiers and the plush toys. The funny pacifiers have different deigns printed on them which might be pouted girl’s lips in red color, two front teeth out like a rabbit teeth, Billy bob teeth or the complete teeth impression on the pacifier. The plush toy pacifiers are the cutest and the most favorite for the babies. They have small plush toys attached to the back of the pacifier which keeps the baby calm and happy. wubbanub

    ReplyDelete