Tuesday, August 17, 2010

thursday nights concerts in the park

IMG_2206

I feel like we have done a good job of getting out this summer. Even on days we dont always feel like it - we realize next year will be a lot harder than it is this year. (we can push his naps/bed time now but it will be harder next summer)

Sadly I havent done a good job posting all the festivals we have gone too. Its not easy to carry around a baby, stroller, diaper bag, AND a camera. But there are a few times I have brought it.

The other week we went over to the park next to our house to enjoy the concert in the park. We hadnt ever gone before (I normally have girls group on Thursday nights) but I was so glad we went. It wasnt a huge fight-the-crowd type of concert. Instead it felt small just like a neighborhood thing. It reminded me of something we would have done in Waco for some reason.

anyway, here are some pictures. (the others were posted on River's 4 month post)

first of all please enjoy this:
IMG_2184
i have no idea where River gets this from (the eyebrow raise) neither of us can do it. But it cracks me up

IMG_2187
the stage

IMG_2219

IMG_2236

IMG_2188

IMG_2220

IMG_2211
out of focus but I still like it

IMG_2191
listening to the band

IMG_2194

and the roll over ..

IMG_2229

IMG_2230

IMG_2231

"whoa.. howd I end up over here?"

IMG_2208

IMG_2209

IMG_2204
minus the "why arent you picking me up face" he looks like such a little boy instead of a baby to me in this picture!

The park also has movies that they play on Friday nights. We havent made it to that because they start at 8:30 but it looks like so much fun! Im hoping we can go at some point!

6 comments:

  1. River is precious.
    I want to guess what is in those Nalgene bottles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forget how close you live to me now! I've never made it over to the park for the movies or concerts because I'm always baking in the evening.

    Your little one is TOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to see the Night Cruisers at the park a couple of weeks ago. It was a great time! It's so nice to have that park in the area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! These pictures are just precious!! Especially the opener of River. AMAZING shot. Congrats on such a beautiful family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pics of river and little henry below are awesome! People should pay you to take portraits :)

    ReplyDelete