Monday, June 28, 2010

if we were keeping score the dogs would win

Maddie & Oliver: 8
River: 1

That is the score that my dad kept while we were all out walking with River & the dogs. 8 times people stopped to ask about the dogs. Once someone asked about River. And that was because my dad kindly told the woman who was asking about our dogs that his grandson was right there if she wanted to see him too. ;)

It cracks us up.

I get it. People see babies all the time. They dont always see huge dogs.

(I only tell you this because even though River has taken over this blog - dont worry. The dogs are doin just fine & still getting a TON of attention.)

And dont worry - people do actually stop us and ask how River is too. We love how friendly people are in our neighborhood & Im thankful we have met so many of them because of our dogs! They are a great conversation starter I tell ya!

Anyway: here are some pictures from the other day for those who are having withdraws:

maddie & oliver

maddie & oliver

maddie & oliver

And for those of you who are interested in how the dogs are with River. Here is an example of how Maddie is with Henry:

She lets him do this:
maddie & oliver

and this:
maddie & oliver

and this:
maddie & oliver

and she even lets him do this:

maddie & oliver

seriously cracks me up. I love Henry's face!
maddie & oliver

Im pretty sure her & River are going to be best buds too.

Oliver on the other hand? The verdict is still out. He's absolutely fine with Henry. But Henry scares him. Yes a 20 something pound child scares a 200 pound dog. How does that happen!?

Now.. back to more post about River. ;)

5 comments:

  1. I think if it wasn't for Miley, we would have not met so many of our neighbors by now! They really are great conversation starters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are funny pictures!!! I haven't seen those dogs in like a week! What the heckle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post really cracked me up. We have a fluffy little Pomeranian who usually gets lots of attention while we're out. While walking him with our 1 month old baby boy, the dog still gets all the "ooohs" and "aaaaah." Gotta love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get that all the time with our pug when we go on walks. I always thought that was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a great dane named Molly and when we had our little girl I was a little concerned with how she would handle it. She has always been terrified of children too :) But now my baby is a toddler and she & Molly are great friends. They play fetch and Molly lets her roll all over her! It melts my heart!
    And I get the giant dog comments too! People don't know they are just really big babies! ha

    ReplyDelete