Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Henry's 1st Birthday

We had a blast with my family in town! It was so nice having them here & getting to celebrate everything going on with them. I will post pictures soon. Freeland just started his rotations this week (pictures to come) and his first rotation is internal.. thankfully my Aunt came in town to help us through the adjustment of working & him being gone all day. Its a HUGE help.

In the mean time I thought I would (finally) post some pictures from Henry's first birthday party! It was a cowboy/western theme.. complete with ahhhmazing chili with all the fixin's you could imagine! I think I had 3 bowls myself it was so good! Here are some pictures:

Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday
Adam added the spider man to the smash cake since a rainbow was a little too girly! (giant eagle apparently makes you put a rainbow on the smash cake?)

Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday
of course Sarah & Drew came ready to party!

and then it was time for Henry to open his gifts.. it was cute watching him get involved and play with all the toys.. and mostly the wrapping paper.

Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday
Henry reading his birthday cards & thanking everyone for coming

Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday

River was out of control at the party.. and by that I mean he slept the entire time! Well he also pee'd his pants but then he just went right back to sleep.

Henry James 1st Birthday

and of course it wouldn't be a 1st birthday party without a kids first taste of pure sweetness (the cake)

Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday

Look at those big blue eyes:

Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday

I dont know if you can tell but Im pretty sure he LOVED the cake.
Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday

already knows how to share!

I loved the pictures of him digging into his cake so I edited a few. Here they are:

Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday

seriously those eyes are unreal. Watch out ladies!
Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday

Henry James 1st Birthday

I love that we got to celebrate with Henry & his family. I'm really thankful that we still all live so close so we can be apart of moments like this! Cam & Adam did a great job putting everything together. And it was fun getting to see Cam's parents again & introduce them to River. Soon enough we'll be celebrating Baby # 2 with them!! (PS - she found out she is having another Boy if you didn't already see that!!)