Monday, June 21, 2010

Freelands First Fathers Day

say that 3 times fast.. actually it isn't that hard.

Freeland & River
River in his gangster outfit loving on his dad.

Freeland's first fathers day was wonderful (in my opinion) We tried to turn it into an entire weekend celebrating as a family. River kicked off the weekend sleeping in until 9:30 & 10:00 both days. (Freeland pointed out this was really a mothers day gift to me.. but still)

It occurred to me on Saturday morning that since Freeland is already at the hospital every morning when River wakes up he never gets to be the one to go get him out of his crib (one of my favorite moments every day) so when River woke up both days I made sure Freeland got to be the one to go in to get him because its so fun letting him wake up to see you with the biggest smile on his face. Im pretty sure it melted Freeland's heart.

Freeland & River

and the rest of the weekend we spent as a family going on long walks, watching movies, smiling at River, grilling out with friends, sleeping in, roasting smores, hanging out in the backyard, eating donuts for breakfast, opening gifts and loving on Freeland.  

Freeland & River

Freeland said it was the first time in as long as he could remember that he felt relaxed. So I would say the weekend was a success because getting Freeland to feel relaxed and put away his to do list is definitely not the easiest thing in the world!

River is crazy and got Freeland the most typical fathers day gifts. { 2 ties from Walmart and some cheap nasty smelling after shave.. along with a fathers day card all about golf} Free loved it.

Freeland & River

Its crazy this time last year we had no idea I was going to be pregnant soon! So much can change in a year! I cant wait until the day River is actually able to understand Fathers Day and make cards in sundsay school to give him as fathers day gifts..

4 comments:

  1. Those are cute pictures! I saw a Dad at Rita's with a Father's Day shirt on with his kids' handprints all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke! I'm so glad you turned comments back on cause' I've been wanting to say how cute River is! It sounds like you guys are doing great :) - Marylou

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a precious baby! I've been waiting to tell you that too--when I found out I could leave a comment I was on vacation and only blogging from my phone...

    Happy Father's Day Freeland :)

    ReplyDelete