Tuesday, May 18, 2010

6 weeks and 4 days but who's counting?

I cant believe this much time has already gone by. Its all happening way too fast.

In an attempt to get caught up I thought I would just post some pictures from River's first month of life. Looking through them all made me realize that I really dont take near enough pictures of him.. and that he has changed SO much already! He seems so tiny in these pictures to me!

Freeland & I are so grateful because River for the most part is an easy baby. Of course there are times when he fusses, nights where I dont sleep much,  and moments where we have no clue what we are doing but I am fully aware it could look very different so Im beyond thankful.

As you can see from some of these pictures most of River's first month consisted of sleeping.

IMG_0132
all that hair on top is gone and its just peach fuzz now. I cant wait to see if it comes back in strawberry blond or blond

IMG_9838
River sleeping on my moms shoulder

IMG_9946

IMG_0034 1

IMG_9995
playing with his tongue.

IMG_9855
his first sponge bath - he very much disliked it. But he likes the bath now.

IMG_9901
we think he is going to be a thumb sucker. He's close to finding it!

IMG_0029 1
freeland & maddie putting River to sleep at night

IMG_0045
Rivers first walk

IMG_0381
He fell asleep while we were changing his diaper.. with his WubbaNub on his face. Must have been tired.PS. for those who have asked.. yes I LOVE the wubbanub. I'll have to post more about it soon!

IMG_0387

IMG_0085

IMG_0153

And at exactly 4 weeks & 1 day he smiled at us! A real true smile (not just an "i have gas" smile) where he was looking directly at me and responded to us. Now we can get him to smile all the time and its my favorite thing in the world. It completely melts my heart! Other favorites include.. letting him sleep on me, when he coo's, watching him & freeland, oh and definitely when he toots - It cracks me up that something so little can produce such a loud noise!

Im really hoping to get back to updating my blog more often. I realize there is so much Im leaving out when I go this long. So hopefully this week I can post more updated pictures & about everything else going on!