Monday, February 1, 2010

32 weeks and counting

this week Im in my 32nd week. Starting my 33rd on Wednesday.

Our doctors appointment went really well last week. We both love him. (Dr. Thompson if your interested) he said Im measuring exactly where I should be and "not to let anybody else tell me otherwise!" :) I was measuring 31cm my 31st week - if you're interested in that too. That was refreshing to hear.

He let Freeland check for the babies heart beat. (he lets all husbands do it he said) and we started talking about going into labor & all those details .. which was exciting.

Here are some pictures so I can get caught up:

week 29
the only picture I have from week 29 while I was traveling

week 30

week 30

surprise guest in the picture:

week 31

play fighting over who gets to be in the picture:

week 31

week 32

look! I actually do wear something else other than just black pants!

week 32

The biggest change I can see in the last week or so is that I feel increasingly ready to have this baby. Even though technically I still have a little bit to go - I feel like I only have 3 weeks left at most. And I talk to Freeland as if I only have a couple weeks left. Im not sure why? I just realized this week that mentally our due date feels so much closer than it actually is.

True story (this is TMI for some people - sorry) I went to the restroom the other day and thought something had happened (think lots of fluid) but then realized I had just sneezed and forgot about it. Glad I realized that before I picked up the phone to tell Freeland to come home!

Other than that just the normal - takes me longer to get up. And when I turn over in bed I feel like my hips are literally cracking, which is slightly painful.

Freeland's favorite thing has been feeling my stomach and trying to guess where exactly the baby is and what we can feel sticking out (his elbow, shoulder, etc.) I love it too.

14 comments:

  1. You look so adorable! Glad things are going well. I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left! We have 15 and I feel so not prepared. We did get our crib and high chair yesterday though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest preggo ever. Can't wait to see pictures of that baby (as I'm sure you can't as well!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute! Are you sure you are only 32 weeks??? You look like you're about to pop....you're so huge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable. I love the nursery. So cute :) I can't wait to hear what name yall will pick out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anonymous - just wait .. its only going to get a LOT larger!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have six weeks left but lately every time someone asks I say 4! I have no reason to think this little one will come any earlier but it's stuck in my head to just make it four more weeks!

    PS- you're not huge at all. You look perfectly pregnant and lovely! Why do people use that word anyway? Do they think it sounds good coming out of their mouth (or in this case, their fingers)?! I get that at work all the time and just want to smack the people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your belly is so cute and so perfect. Can definitely tell you're having a boy - it's just a lil round basketball sticking out in front! My tummy was ginormous and encompassed my entire midsection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tummy is the cutest thing Brooke, you look amazing! Not to start a brawl in your comments section...but I'm not sure what anonymous is thinking. You are not huge.

    Is Freeland (or anyone) going to be taking other pictures of you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great brooke! I love your pics! I can't believe how soon he'll arrive! This whole thing has gone so fast! I love those times with Bill when we spend time with the baby. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Brooke, you look amazing! Pregnancy suits you well! You definitely don't look huge...as anonymous said :) Enjoy listening and feeling baby...you'll miss him when he's not inside. Can't wait to hear more news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Who said that? Becky?? kidding. You do not look huge! You look adorable, my love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to admit that I cracked up laughing when I read anonymous -- it started out so sweet with the "you look so cute" and then it just ended so so wrong! Ha ha! I've actually thought about writing a book on what NOT to say to pregnant women.

    Anyways, you look terrific. I love the cute maternity shirt you are wearing in the last pics.

    Also -- everytime I catch glimpses of your house and decor, I want to see more. You have great style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I'm going to go into labor blind. That way I'm not scared for the next 8 weeks :) I also can not get up easily and my husband laughs everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been reading your blog for a little while, but never commented, so first off Congrats :) but I too am pregnant with our first, a boy due in May. You look great! And I really despise the comments people feel they are entitled to make to you regarding your pregnancy, your size, how to raise your child etc. etc. Just by reading your blog it seems like your little boy is going to be a very lucky little boy to have such great parents. Enjoy your pregnancy and for the record, I hope I look like you at 32 weeks!

    ReplyDelete