Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Remember when it was Christmas?

Here I am finally posting about it on January 13th

But in my defense - our tree & all the decorations are still out! :)

I just got back from a trip to Colorado & Texas. It was great. More on that later. I figured I couldnt go any longer without getting these pictures up first.

So the week of Christmas consisted of getting Freeland all to myself (meaning he didnt have to study) and hanging out all day - then watching movies all night. Of course we did our annual gingerbread house:

Christmas 2009

Corinne came over & helped us while we watched The Santa Claus 3 & ate lots of treats in our pajamas. It was fabulous

Christmas 2009
The final product. Note: I dont think we will use a kit again. Next year I want to just use what we have in the house already.

Christmas of course looked different this year since it was the first year we werent going home to Texas & wouldnt see any family. It was bittersweet. We really loved not having to get on a plane & being able to stay home but it was sad not being able to be with family.

So Christmas Eve Freeland & I made a nice romantic dinner & enjoyed the quiet evening with just us. He spoiled me and got stuff for Fondue. We also made steaks, shrimp, twice baked potatoes, veggies & all the other goodies that go along with fondue. It was seriously the yummiest meal.

Christmas 2009

After dinner we watched Its A Wonderful Life! Somehow neither of us have ever seen it.. and we both LOVED it. Then we got the house ready for the next morning, got the animals all tucked away & after lots of excitment finally fell asleep

Only to wake up the next morning at 5:00am!!!!! Seriously am I 7 years old again? I was wide awake & too excited so I got Freeland out of bed to start Christmas day. We got up and got all the food ready for lunch so we didnt have to worry about it later then we opened gifts.

Christmas 2009
please note: my mom mailed us all of our gifts from family to open & then the rest of those boxes in the back are the empty boxes we wrapped to fill up the tree. It wasnt really that much for just 2 of us.

christmas 2009
the cutest gift

Christmas 2009
the stockings

Christmas 2009

the dogs got gifts too from my Mom. They loved them.

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2009
I got Freeland these so that one day they will match the awesome little boy underwear our son will wear - Im sure I dont need to tell you though - he returned them. Im still not sure why!

Christmas 2009
onion goggles - AMAZING

Christmas 2009
Freeland opening our yearly christmas ornament. (a baby bottle in a wine bucket - so apropos!)

Christmas 2009
the babies first baylor outfit from my nana

Christmas 2009
a gift to Freeland from the baby

after we opened all the gifts and sat in amazement of how blessed we are to be so far from family but still able to celebrate so much. We cleaned up & got lunch ready for Adam, Cam, & Henry to come over.

Christmas 2009
appetizers

Christmas 2009
the ham that Freeland made

Christmas 2009
all the yummy food

Christmas 2009
Henry in his Christmas overalls ready to watch us eat

after we stuffed ourselves silly we spent the rest of the day playing games. Adam & Camille's parents got them a Wii & they graciously brought over rock band for us to all play. And Im pretty sure we did for HOURS & HOURS & HOURS!

Christmas 2009

please note Henry dancing in between diaper changes

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2009

then we put Henry down to bed, played Wii some more, and then watched 500 days of Summer. (cute movie)

After the Jennings went home we took a late night (or early morning depending how you look at it) walk with the dogs just to enjoy the day a little more. It really was a great Christmas. Freeland & I were thankful to have friends (that are pretty much family to us) here to celebrate with.

Updated: Just realized I never posted the pictures from our Christmas party so I will do that next!

4 comments:

  1. Onion goggles??? Seriously?! I need some of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your Christmas decorations are still up. You are a girl after my own heart. Precious pics my dear! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I have been snacking all day but all those pics of food - oh and that fondue!!! yummm I can't wait to get home and dive into a plate of anything at this point :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love y'all, thanks for sharing your Christmas with us!

    ReplyDelete