Monday, January 25, 2010

pictures of the ever growing tummy

well as Ive been told it has been a while since I posted any pictures of the "tumkin" or "applejack" whichever you want to call him is fine.

Because no, we still have ZERO ideas for names.

And I promise we aren't just saying that because we dont want to share what his name is. I know we still have time. But I would feel better if we at least had 1 or 2 that we liked! Eventually.

We have another appointment tomorrow. Im at the point where they have started making my appointments every 2 weeks!! I didn't even realize it until someone else asked me! Crazy how close we are getting to the end.

Im in week 31 now. I will upload some more pictures this week. These are just the ones I already had so they are older. Meaning, Im larger now!

IMG_7362
during week 25 - that crib is now white

IMG_7714
the end of week 27 - Oliver listening to the baby

IMG_7720
end of week 27

IMG_7788
during week 28 - new years eve

Like I said Im at the end of week 31 now so I will post more pictures soon.

My weight jumped a lot during the 6th & 7th month! (even though I really wasnt eating any different) The doctor said she wasnt worried and thought I was still on track. At our first appointment the doctor told me he thought I would gain about 50 pounds! Yes, you read that right. I could understand that if I was underweight to begin with. But I wasnt. For my height (5'2") I was actually at the top of where my weight should be. So Im still not sure why he guessed I would gain that much. (thankfully Im not there yet. Im still on track. But we arent over yet so we'll see) I'll keep you posted.

I did read this in one of the emails I received - "Shorter women, and those who have short torsos, tend to show pregnancy more because there's less vertical room for their baby to fill." That definitely made me feel better because I feel HUGE and very wide!

Other than feeling HUGE & knowing Im only going to double - I feel great though. So I really cant complain. I do see where I am tired all the time and I definitely feel more fatigue than before but Im not in pain and Im still able to sleep well (falling asleep is another story) so Im thankful for those things!

I don't really have any cravings for anything. (bummer - I wish I did) I feel like the baby is sitting on my lungs at all times because Im always short of breath! Even when Im just sitting still. Thats taking some getting used to. And as of a few weeks ago - I can finally take my prenatal vitamins without getting nauseous! (at bedtime) so thats exciting!

Oh and I passed my gestational diabetes test! I kept telling Freeland how thankful I was because I REALLY didn't want to have to do the second 3 hour test. He reminded me I should be thankful because I don't have to change my diet & worry about diabetes - and I am. But Im also really thankful I didn't have to sit for the 3 hour test still!

Phew - that was a lot. If I left anything out let me know! :)

Thanks for all your excitement & prayers for us. We definitely feel blessed.

OH -- I thought of something I missed. So far my belly button is still "in its place" but last night while Freeland was watching my stomach move all around (craziest thing ever) we noticed that my belly button is about to pop out! I promise if the baby kicks hard enough he could pop it right out!

8 comments:

  1. The new pics are too cute. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels huge, and I'm only 5' 3"! My doc hasn't said anything about my weight yet, but I do know I'm probably going to exceed the recommended 25-35 lbs. I hope your appt goes well tomorrow, I have one too - the glucose test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brooke! You're looking fantastic! I know how you feel about the whole short torso thing :-) I'm only 5 feet tall and I felt like my stomach stuck out so much more than my prego friends. Don't worry though, it all pretty much goes back in place... even if you get some stretch marks in the process! You are really in the home stretch now! So excited for the big day when you and Freeland get to meet your little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I don't know...I always felt like my bellybutton was close to popping out but it never did...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute pictures! I'm glad you passed your glucose test. Coming from someone who always failed them and who did have to endure the three hour one, (thankfully only once since my Dr. let me skip it and go straight to the dietition with #2 and #3,) that three hour one is a monster.

    I made my mom go with me and she still talks about how mean I was! Freeland is right, though, to be thankful for the whole diabetes part. Or the not-having-it part. Thankfully I'm not diabetic (yet,) and it always went away right after delivery. Praise God for that!

    More belly pics? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looks so cute. I'm so excited for you guys! It's so exciting! And if it makes you feel any better, I gained almost 50 with all of mine, and actually gained the most with my first. And they say sometimes you quit gaining at the end but pretty sure that's when I gained the most. But it's so worth it and I'm sure you will be back at your old weight super fast. Good luck with the last weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are beautiful, Brooke! The next two months will fly by so enjoy them. Can't wait to see the baby room all done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the updates and pictures! Glad things are going well! Have you not been taking prenatals, or have you been taking them and just getting sick all the time?! I stopped taking them, bc I tried 4 different kinds and couldnt stop getting sick off them! Hello Flintstones! I just got a liquid pre natal in the mail today that I ordered!

    ReplyDelete