Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Freeland's 28th Birthday

As you know it was Freeland's 28th Birthday on January 10th.

As you also know I was out of town for the first time on his birthday & he also had a test the next day so his actual birthday was pretty lame.

But we made up for it the next day when I got home from Texas.

After traveling all day and then a series of delayed flights I finally made it back to Erie about 15 minutes before we had dinner plans with all of our friends.

In keeping with tradition we went to Aoyama's. And lots of people came with us to celebrate. It was so sweet since I know everyone is just as busy & also on the same kind of budgets we are - but they were willing to sacrifice their time during the week and come celebrate.

Freeland 28th Birthday

Freeland 28th Birthday

Freeland 28th Birthday

Freeland 28th Birthday
oh lots of yummy sushi that I watched everyone eat.

and you cant go to Aoyama (or any Hibachi grill) without them tossing food at you to catch

Freeland 28th Birthday

Freeland 28th Birthday

Freeland 28th Birthday

after we all cheered on the cooks and then stuffed ourselves silly they pulled out the dessert. Sarah & Drew were kind enough to pick up a Coconut Cream Pie for Freeland (his favorite).

Freeland 28th Birthday

And to top it off - they decorated it too!! (those are candy rats and its an inside joke but we all almost peed our pants laughing so hard when they pulled out the pie!)

Freeland 28th Birthday

seriously soo funny!

We had such a great time at dinner & I know Freeland felt really loved by everyone who came and celebrated with us.

Then when we got home I finally got to give him my gifts. The best surprise was when I pulled out Lone Star Beer that I brought for him from Texas! Then he opened the other gifts & another gift from my Mom & Mark that I brought with me too.

And then this weekend we continued the celebrations while my dad was here. Even though it was gift enough that he came to visit - he also spoiled us rotten with lots of yummy food! (note: we went to 1201 for the first time - AMAZINGLY GOOD!)

And he also stopped and picked Freeland up a special gift just for him:

Freelands 28th Birthday

Freelands 28th Birthday

powers & maddie helped him open the gift

Freelands 28th Birthday

a baby bjorn!!! Just for him and little tumkin

Freelands 28th Birthday

along with a borders gift card for books on residency.

It was a great weekend & I love that the birthday celebrations got to last so long for Freeland. He deserves it for all that he does daily for me and everyone around him. And now he is officially 28 the year he becomes a dad.

6 comments:

  1. Funny. I have a pic with bill wearing the baby Bjorn thing too! He loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to picture little man running around with his daddy after seeing pictures of the baby bjorn. Love it. Glad it was such a fun festive birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Brooke! (I've been a blog stalker for quite some time now, I love reading your posts; not sure if you got my last comment I left you.) Quick question - at the beginning of your blog you posted "Freeland's 28th Birthday on January 10th" and it was a link to a specific post. How do you do that? I've tried and even ask on my blog but I can't figure it out! Thanks, and I'm glad y'all had such a great time celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all are so rude not to wait for us to return before you went and celebrated Freeland's birthday...geez, Louise.

    Just kidding- looks like fun, wish we were there!

    Also, Sarah- you need to copy the web address to the link that you want to connect to...then, you highlight the word that you want to link (ex: click HERE) and you push that http button and paste the web address in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to freeland! lovin the bjorn:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I from Russia!My name is Ksenia. So interesting see your all foto ,but I want sleep :I
    I very bad knowing Eanglish laguage :( You and your love- very romantic, and my DREAM too- romantic lOVE...
    Goodbuy!!! From Russia :)))))

    ReplyDelete