Wednesday, December 2, 2009

week 24

today I officially start week 24. coming up on 6 months! (not sure exactly at what point you are officially "6 months" - every book says different - but thats okay)

crazy.

I feel good. I would list all the crazy things that seem to happen & be changing - but they change daily so its hard to summarize it all. Overall I feel great!

I am an emotional wreck on & off. Thankfully its all about things completely unrelated to our child & I feel like its been good in a way to be emotional (for me) Im not one to normally get some things out unless its in an emotional state. And I know its part of the process of the Lord working in my heart & our life - getting us ready for whats to come.

Oh and I went to the dentist on Monday - seems pregnancy is definitely taking its toll on my teeth. I heard it might though so it wasnt a surprise.

As I said before though this little dude is growing. daily.

I feel him move ALL the time now. Freeland does too. I think its my favorite when Freeland gets to feel him move.

Here are some pictures for those who are interested:

21 weeks & 6 days

(I promise these arent all the same pair of pants. Bethany & Cam were kind enough to give me some more so I do change pants now! And I wear jeans too.. just not when Im at home)

22 weeks & 5 days
if you look closely - you can see the tag still in my shirt (typical)

Maddie is getting to be a pro at these pictures! I think she loves it!

2 days ago - so pretty much at 24 weeks:

23 weeks & 5 days

Here is one where Oliver finally joined us:

23 weeks & 5 days


and for those who care.. I always post more. You can see them by clicking here

We still have no idea what his name is going to be. And honestly we might not decide until we see him. Or maybe his name is just going to be "hey kid". There are a few that we like but none just stick out as the name. I feel like with a dad named Freeland - you have to have a certain (awesome) name. But I dont want to do a "unique" name just for the sake of it being "unique". You know?

And we are slowly getting the room done! Our goal is to pick out the bedding this week so we can wrap everything else up. I will post pictures of what we are looking at soon.

16 comments:

  1. Love all the belly pics! You look great! I especially love that Maddie and Oliver like to be in the pictures too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pics! They look so much more fun than mine by the door. Guess I'm going to have to break down and stop taking self-portraits. ha! Randy's going to love me.

    Can't wait to see the bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great, Brooke! Love that Maddie poses with you -- she's so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 16 weeks along today and love the shirt you're wearing in 22 weeks & 5 days. Mind sharing where you bought it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking great girl! Thanks for posting new pics. I can't wait to hear what name yall pick out. Your right with a dad named Freeland you gotta have a cool name :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the sweet comments!

    Emily - the shirt is from Gap - on MAJOR clearance! :) It has a little pocket in the corner and its v neck if that helps! Its definitely comfy! And I like that the elastic on the side isnt so obvious that it screams "THIS IS A MATERNITY SHIRT" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just looked online & didnt see it. But I just got it 2 weeks ago at the store so I imagine its still there if you have a gap near by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable!! I love how your puppies are in all your pictures. Are they acting any different toward you now that you're pregnant? Luke became attached to my hip!!ci

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brookie, you look so cute pregnant!!! I wish I could be there with you. We haven't talked in a while. I will call you soon to catch up. I should have more time soon, seeing as today is my last day at my job:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look adorable!!! It's weird to see you pregnant, but at the same time it seems like the most natural thing in the world! I hope you're having a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're looking great!! It will be so funny if one day your tummy makes Oliver look small :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww; I love the belly pictures! I just showed Edwin (hope that's not weird!) and said, I hope I look like this soon! Well, I'm 15 weeks; but i'll get there eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband and I had the hardest time picking out a name! Boy names were so much harder than girl names and since we kept the sex a surprise, we had to have on of both! But we ended up with Hutton Cole and I still {he's 15 months now} think about how perfect his name is. {Well except the fact that we didn't realize that it sounded like "hot and cold" when said together until we announced his name in the hospital, but what can you do? Its his daddy's middle name, so we stuck with it!} So I just thought you should consider Hutton because it is such a great name and unique but familiar sounding at the same time.

    Oh and it wasn't until 36 weeks or so that we even came up with it, so you have plenty of time. And whatever you pick, I'm sure you will love it as much as I love Hutton and then you will find yourself on strangers blogs promoting your perfect name! Maybe, or maybe thats just me!

    Well good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES! love the baby bump! Thanks for posting! And you're pretty much the cutest prego lady ever!!

    ReplyDelete