Wednesday, December 30, 2009

the wednesday after christmas

all our decorations are still up - and will continue to stay up as long as I have a say in it. Its snowing lots up here & I love it. Although it is REALLY cold too. So we're just staying bundled up. Freelands out helping a friend on his house & im working. The nugget in my tummy is kicking like crazy. The dogs are snoring & the cats are cuddled next to each other sleeping. besties.

Christmas pictures (including pictures from the party) are still coming I promise.

Im just busy wrapping things up at work for the end of the year

& enjoying every second I have left with Freeland that he doesnt have to study

(T minus 4 days until he goes back to school)

Its been a great break for him so far. (we finished everything we could on the baby room! yay!) & he has actually read other books besides books for school, slept, and enjoyed himself! (although he has squeezed in some studying here & there because of the boards.)

And I just planned a last second 48 hour trip to Dallas. Well, really Im going to Colorado next week for a work meeting but Freeland & I found a cheap one way ticket from Dallas to Erie so I scheduled myself to go back through Dallas on the way home so I could see our families! I wish it was longer than a 48 trip & I wish Freeland could come with me.. but Im thankful I get to go.

Did I mention the sacrifice Freeland is making too? This officially means that I will also be gone on his birthday. :( first time ever. And on the big 2-8!

We'll have to figure out a way to make up for it & celebrate another way!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Ive enjoyed reading about them & seeing pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying the weather (from the inside of your cozy home,) and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not post related but I have a question for you and was wondering if you could email me at jessica.hogan28@gmail.com. Sorry don't know any other way to contact you. Thanks Brooke,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's always nice to leave the tree up after Christmas...especially since the past two years my tree was put up late in the season. Plus, I am always too lazy to take it down for a while :) Hope you enjoy your trip and visiting with your families.

    ReplyDelete