Thursday, December 10, 2009

tacky par-tay

Tacky Sweaters & Tacky Picture
Picture from last year's party .. and yes I purposely made it even more fabulously tacky just for you!

you may remember last year we attended the 2nd annual Christmas party up here.

It seems its become tradition to rotate the location each year (first year it was at Adam & Camille's and then last year at Elizabeth's) so this year Freeland & I are hosting it.

And Im super excited to get to celebrate with everyone.

We decided to also make it a wine party this year. Just to spice things up for the holidays. (although I will be sticking to the sparkling grape juice .. but dont feel bad for me. My plan is to make up for the lack of wine by helping myself to ALL the food the entire night)

tacky sweaters with tacky picture
another fabulously tacky picture

So today & tomorrow Im busy baking, cleaning, working, baking, working, hiding our mess, and saving up my appetite because let me tell you - there will be lots of yummy food! These girls know how to make some gooooood food!

And oh my gosh I cant wait to show you pictures. Freeland's outfit is hilarious! And he gets all the credit for thinking to do it and finding everything himself! I was a little jealous that I couldn't exactly fit into anything as funny as his costume this year! But I cant stop laughing thinking about his outfit!

Pictures to come soon.

4 comments:

  1. Brooke! I don't have your email so I couldn't send this that way but, can I bring something?! please let me know! I would love to contribute!
    cmeloni5@gmail.com :)

    I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see pics of the tacky outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Brooke,

    I know you have no idea who I am, but my name is Sarah, and I live in Louisiana. I came across your blog several months ago when I was reading one of Camille's posts (I know Camille from high school). So, with that being said, I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy reading your blog. In fact, I have even gone back and read some of the ones from when you first started and all about your wedding journey. I know that may seem stalker-ish, but I am preparing to get married in March, so I read/look for all the marriage ideas and perspectives that I can. I also read the post about your reasoning behind blogging, and you were praying for a family that you didn't even know. Well, same here. I love keeping up with your stories and your journey now that you are preparing to have a child. I read all about your adjustments to marriage and about your's and Freeland's move to Erie. (Again, I swear I'm not some crazy blog-stalker.) I guess, what I'm trying to say is thanks for enlightening my life with your posts. I enjoy reading and feel like I know two people that I have never really met.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sarah's comment was so sweet! Um...I'm too tired to think of something sweet but I can say how excited I am to see what Freeland came up with! Tacky pictures are awesome. Hope you're feeling well :)

    ReplyDelete